Introduction Thomas J. Watson said it best: "Good design is good business." Visualization is critical to discovering data-driven insights a...
Thomas J. Watson said it best: "Good design is good business." Visualization is critical to discovering data-driven insights and effectively communicating that knowledge to others. Designers at IBM work to create experiences that work together, work the same, and work for our clients. Does the thought of creating the platform at the heart of solutions like Watson, Blockchain, IoT, and Security excite you? If so, read on!
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Cloud Pak for Business Automation is looking for a Senior UX Designer to help create the future of work and hyperautomation. Our automation platform helps businesses design, build, and run automation bots, applications, and services on any cloud, using pre-integrated automation technologies and low-code tools. We are seeking an experienced User Experience Designer who will be delivering irresistible solutions which address our customers' most challenging business problems and opportunities. You will be collaborating effectively with Product Management and engineering in agile and lean delivery methodologies. You will demonstrate leadership, technical curiosity, and tenacity to partner with some of the leading technologists in the field of cloud computing.
* Define scenarios and user flows through design of workflows, flowcharts, storymapping, and prototypes
* Deliver, review and critique the UX Designs of a multi-skilled design team to ensure effective and rich designs (great interaction, visual styling, consistent and appropriate use of voice and tone, etc.)
* Work with UX Designers, Visual Designers, Researchers and Product Managers to understand users' needs and behaviors for the industries in which they work
* Translate findings into usable, useful, effective, and efficient user experiences
* Clearly and quickly deliver ideas to cross functional teams
* Provide information verbally and visually through low and mid-fidelity renderings and clickable prototypes
* Work with Visual Designers and Developers to bring concepts to life while maintaining UX best practices
* Participate in and lead UX activities (in person and remote) such as user/design research and workshops, in an Agile environment
* Test and validate working hypotheses with users through usability testing of wireframes, tree testing, card sorting, clickable prototypes, and published product, and participate in design critique
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
* 4+ years of demonstrated experience solving complex user problems
* Portfolio and work samples including user-centered design skills, complex experiences such as flows, scenarios, personas, etc. (any fidelity), and sketches to mid-fidelity interactions (show your process)
* Ability to work closely with technical staff to understand product's technical limitations and design solutions that meet user's needs even with tight constraints
* Understanding of Design principles and their application
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
* 7+ years of experience in design, preferably in designing complex enterprise products
* Attention to detail in the language and relationships of design elements in the experience
* Experience creating clickable prototypes and telling stories to influence product teams
* Successful track record participating in interdisciplinary teams informed by stakeholder and user inputs
* Bachelor's Degree or related experience in User Experience Design, Human Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Experimental Psychology, Cognitive Science, Information Design