Block.one is a global software company specializing in high performance blockchain software. Its flagship product EOSIO is a free, open-sour...
Block.one is a global software company specializing in high performance blockchain software. Its flagship product EOSIO is a free, open-source protocol designed to bring speed, scalability, and ease of use to the secure and transparent fundamentals of distributed databases. Block.one invests in companies, projects, and developers around the world leveraging EOSIO technology through its EOS VC initiative.
Block.one's marketing creative team is seeking a highly strategic Senior UI Designer with proven leadership skills and exceptional design chops to create best-in-class responsive websites and digital experiences for our brands. We are a growing, global, creative team, looking for someone who thrives at the axis of brand, interaction, user-focus and digital technology. The right individual must demonstrate deep knowledge, experience, passion, and flexibility for working in a fast-paced team environment on a global level to support exciting new brands and products.
* Partner with project managers, copywriters, creative directors, developers, and key stakeholders to create functional and cutting-edge web and user experiences
* Create innovative digital solutions that solve for both business and user needs
* Responsible for each phase of the product development lifecycle-as it relates to design, in order to create intuitive and functional products.
* Work across the lines of Project and Product Management, brand, UI/UX, design, and QA.
* Lead whiteboarding sessions, user testing, A/B testing, process flows and have a strong understanding of human-centered design thinking.
* Understand and respond to performance data (metric tests, usability studies) to steer the direction of updates, optimizations, and future features
* Work independently and collaboratively to iteratively create initial concepts, user flows, wireframes, design systems, and prototypes
* Identify and solve user-centered design needs
* Work with engineers to build innovative and functional solutions, hand over assets, annotate designs, provide production support, and perform visual QA
* Design emails and digital assets based on marketing and communication strategies
* Lead, mentor, and work closely with junior designers in the US and globally
* Perform other duties as assigned
* Bachelor's Degree in design, fine arts, multimedia or related field
* 5-7 years experience designing for responsive web and digital
* 2-3 years leading projects and/or managing teams
* Agency or product studio experience preferred
* Strong conceptual thinker when approaching design and content requirements
* Very strong fundamental design, typography, color theory, layout, and illustration skills
* Experience sharing strategy, principles, and best practices behind your design choices to stakeholders
* Highly proficient in Figma, Sketch, Adobe Creative Cloud, other prototyping and/or website creation tools
* Experience and understanding of user-centered design principles, basic HTML, Wordpress, and CSS preferred
* A solid understanding of design thinking and design sprint process
* Exceptionally organized, with a keen eye for detail
* Experience working with design systems for a holistic, efficient, and collaborative production workflows
* An understanding of digital accessibility standards and best practices
* Deep understanding of current technology trends and how they influence user experience
* Expert communication and presentation skills
* Must adapt to fast changing design challenges, deadlines, and project requirements
* Comfortable leading a lean team in a fast-paced startup environment
* Ability to work across time zones with teams in the US
We are committed to the health and safety of our employees amidst the COVID-19 pandemic and are compliant with official guidelines. This position may begin working remotely. However, the ability to work on-site is expected as official guidelines evolve. Certain geographic limitations for remote work may apply.
Block.one is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, protected veterans, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.