What You'll Do
The Transformation Acceleration (TA) team within the Strategy and Business Acceleration (SBA) organization is part of Busine...
What You'll Do
The Transformation Acceleration (TA) team within the Strategy and Business Acceleration (SBA) organization is part of Business Operations and responsible for orchestrating the execution of large, complex, cross-functional transformation programs for Cisco. An essential function of TA is the Program Management Office (PMO) that has accountability to lead transformation programs from strategy through execution to achieve critical business outcomes.
The Transformation Acceleration team is currently leading the execution of two business critical transformation efforts. The first is the highly strategic and cross-functional program enabling a subscription business model to accelerate growth of Cisco's recurring software, SaaS, and Services businesses. The model will incentivize a high touch customer engagement with an overall business outcome of accelerating value for our customers, partners and shareholders while simplifying current business operations processes. The second is a program enabling a low touch / no touch end to end SaaS business operating model for Cisco small and medium business customers. Both programs are highly strategic and represent the types of programs Transformation Acceleration will be accountable for leading.
As a core part of the Program Management Office, the Transformation Acceleration Senior Program Manager will be accountable to lead the execution of business-critical transformation programs achieving the desired and agreed to business outcomes. This involves developing and leading an effective program execution model based on agile principles, building and leading a program roadmap from strategy through execution, managing key program risks, and driving closure to key business decisions. The Senior Program Manager will establish and maintain critical partnerships across many functions at various levels of leadership and develop critical business knowledge essentials to driving program related discussions and decisions.
Specific responsibilities of the Senior Program Manager will include:
Who You'll Work With
- Establish and lead a program execution model based on agile principles
- Drive cross-functional planning sessions to set and align on scope, delivery dates, milestones, and business outcomes
- Develop and actively maintain an end to end program roadmap including policy, process, technology, and change management activities
- Track program progress against key milestones and deliverables
- Identify and drive closure to key business decisions
- Actively manage program risk
- Define and lead holistic program funding needs. Accountable for hitting budget target and proactively raising budget challenges.
- Identify and actively lead program interdependencies
- Lead daily stand-ups, program commits, and other relevant program discussions
- Accountable for program communication to key stakeholders including senior level leadership
The Transformation Acceleration (TA) team takes a holistic and forward-looking approach to work on Cisco's largest and most critical, groundbreaking opportunities. It ensures the highest-priority, cross-functional programs achieve business outcomes for Cisco. In this role, you will work with a diverse set of functions and individuals across the company that are working towards common and critical business objectives. The functions will differ from program to program providing a fantastic opportunity to learn the various aspects of Cisco's business and build a broad network of contacts. Who You Are
- You are energized by working in a fast-paced environment
- Driving transformation is part of your DNA
- You are passionate about the next challenge
- You have a desire to learn the business...all aspects of the business
- You have demonstrated the ability to achieve clarity and structure from ambiguity
- Iterative transformation approaches excite you
- You have an ongoing thirst to build knowledge
- You can work well with different working styles
- You have an interest and understanding of technology
- Taking a task to completion comes naturally
- Integrating fun into your job is important to you
Qualifications and Prior Experience
- 10+ years' experience leading and participating in large cross functional transformation programs
- Trained / certified in various transformation methodologies and practices including Scaled Agile and PMP (or equivalent)
- Solid in core program management proficiencies including scope management, budget management, stakeholder management, communications, risk management, decision making, testing, and change management
- Enjoys working in a highly matrixed environment to get things done
- Strong discussion and meeting facilitation skills
- Experience preparing for and leading outcome-based discussions
- Demonstrated subject matter knowledge in multiple business domains
- Quickly develops essential subject matter knowledge to lead with an opinion
- Have a solid understanding of enterprise process/policy/systems/data
- Ability to confidently communicate, influence, and drive decisions at all levels of leadership
- Experience with the latest program management tools that support various iterative transformation methods including Scaled Agile
- Partner & Vendor Management: Obtains and maintains the highest value from vendors and partners
- Be onsite regularly and willing to travel as needed
- Bachelor's degree (MBA preferred) in a relevant field/area
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here's how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we're "old" (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we're also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do - you can't put us in a box!
But "Digital Transformation" is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
#LI-WB1 - provided by Dice