What you'll be doing...
We don't wait for the future. We build it.
At Verizon, we have one mission: to give humans the ability to do more ...
What you'll be doing...
We don't wait for the future. We build it.
At Verizon, we have one mission: to give humans the ability to do more in this world. It's why we're partnering with visionaries from just about every industry you can imagine, using technology, data and a robust strategy to turn innovative ideas into realities. Building the future means we're continuously inventing for new markets and revenue opportunities yet to emerge. From 5G, AI/ML, Autonomous Vehicles, and data-driven supply chains to pioneering disruptive industry transformation, it will all be made into a reality by YOU.
In this exciting new position as part of the fast paced Network and Technology team, you will be developing next-generation technology strategies and partnering with internal teams along with strategic suppliers to enable Verizon's technology game-plan and drive architecture efforts across Verizon's Technology organization. As a PMTS, you will need a strong passion to learn and an avid interest in new and upcoming technologies. Candidate will be responsible for understanding executive vision, formulating & executing strategy, and laying out the technical architecture across the organization.
* Research and keep abreast of current state of the art and future technology trends, primarily within the evolving 5G, Private-LTE, Multi-Access Edge Computing, AI/ML, AR/VR, and Security ecosystem, key players within segments and current/emerging business models.
* Develop use cases that will take advantage of future 5G networks to complement/supplement or create brand new revenues streams for Verizon.
* Help/coordinate technical projects in a meticulous and disciplined fashion to track progress and to ensure goals are achieved. During project execution, provide technology oversight, direction and steering to maximize project output and technical resource efficiency.
* Effectively create and communicate captivating presentations to all levels of the organization including senior management.
* Identify opportunities to streamline processes and create efficiencies.
* A broad understanding of Verizon wireline & wireless network infrastructure, operations workflow, procedures and rules of engagement.
* Support the development of detailed business cases for next generation infrastructure disruptors that includes competitive analysis and total cost of ownership of technology. Once selected assist in on boarding of the technology/strategy in coordination with various internal departments.
* Strategically utilize research and analytics of the external environment to understand market dynamics; trends; size; segmentation; customer needs; applicable emerging technologies; and the competitive landscape to identify new technologies for application areas such as 5G, IOT, Edge Computing, Next Gen Broadband, Aerial, Video Delivery, Security, and AI/ML/AR/VR.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Telecommunications or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of wireline, wireless telecommunications, Network and IT industry or relevant work experience.
* Three or more years of Verizon operations / maintenance engineering / network engineering / technology development & planning experience.
* Three or more years of experience in research or commercial product development, higher layers of technology stack and software focus.
Even better if you have:
* Master's Degree, MBA, Industry Certifications (Cisco, Juniper, Nokia, Linux, Openstack, Microsoft, EMC, CISSP, etc.???).
* Prior work experience from technology companies.
* Strong and diverse technology experience, spanning most layers of the stack, from "Silicon to Device" to "Cloud to User" interface.
* Background in more than one of the following technologies such as AR/VR, Autonomous Driving, V2X, 5G, Immersive Media, Robotics, UAV, Security, Blockchain, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning.
* Proven experience with assessing and leading current Verizon technologies, suppliers, challenges and new emerging architectures and network concepts needed to drive transformation in a Tier 1 carrier network.
* Proven track record to develop relationships with next generation and disruptive partner, drive feature roadmaps, meet deadlines and to work in a fast paced, dynamic work environment.
* Experience in Leading / Organizing internal and peer team members and providing Executive level updates as needed.
* Hands-on, "roll up your sleeves" mindset, with the ability to be a driver and change agent in an organization, and a proven ability to lead through influence without a direct line of authority.
* Laser focus on building a best-in-class technology supplier organization. Does what is necessary to improve delivery; balances the resources necessary to produce desired outcomes; tracks and monitors performance.
* Hands on knowledge and Subject Matter Expertise in wireless IP networking, routing & switching, mobile technologies / markets, Radio Access Networks, LTE Evolved Packet Core, IP Multimedia Subsystem, application traffic flows, and Security best practices.
* Understanding in wireless and broadband technology standards (e.g. 3GPP, MPLS, BGP, VXLAN, SRv6, DOCSIS, ETSI MANO) and application / Infrastructure virtualization within a service provider network.
* Experience in SDN, NFV, Openstack, Docker, Container deployments as well as the MANO / FCAPS model to support Service level orchestration and assurance.
* PMP or an equivalent Project/Program Management Certification.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.