Amazon Web Services (AWS) led the revolution in cloud computing. Now, we're leading the evolution in big data and analytics. As a technical ...
Amazon Web Services (AWS) led the revolution in cloud computing. Now, we're leading the evolution in big data and analytics. As a technical writer on the AWS Documentation team, you'll get hands-on with the freshest technology on earth. You'll work side-by-side with brilliant engineers, dedicated customer support professionals, and innovative UX designers to help shape and share technology with other engineers throughout the world, each one eager to harness the power of analytics to revolutionize not only their businesses, but the human experience.
As a technical writer, you'll not only develop how-to's, reference, and in-depth conceptual documentation for new features-and, occasionally, completely new concepts; you'll also help shape the design of service features, user interfaces, and APIs. Our writers work directly with development teams in a fast-paced, fluid environment. You'll also work directly with customers to continuously improve existing documentation.
Our writers are technical, so a technical background that enables you to work effectively with software development engineers, product managers, and technical program managers is essential.
- Drive documentation planning with engineering teams and other partners, defining writing projects and determining priorities in real time.
- Produce, test, and continuously improve documentation that is clear, complete, concise and effective. This includes conceptual, procedural, and reference content for IT administrators, data scientists, and application developers.
- Work hands-on with services and features to test functionality, provide usability feedback, and improve designs.
- Work with editorial partners to improve document quality and to continuously improve documentation standards and guidelines for an evolving customer base.
- Independently follow design guidance and editorial standards to develop and deliver documentation for AWS products.
- Review content written by peers, providing feedback on quality and usability, as well as editing for grammar, style, and form.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
· Degree in English, technical writing, computer science or a related field.
· Experience designing and delivering technical documentation.
· Experience using and following editorial standards, such as a style guide.
· Experience using multiple documentation tools to write, format, manage, and publish high-quality content.
· Experience working with XML-based publishing systems.
· A minimum of 1 year of experience as a technical writer in a relevant field.
-Experience with cloud computing, web services, IaaS, PaaS, or related areas.
-Experience working with big data technologies, which can include structured and unstructured data frameworks, such as SQL, Hadoop, Spark, blockchain, or streaming technologies.
-Experience working with agile project management methodologies.
-Experience working with git and GitHub.
-Experience working directly with engineering teams.
-Strong attention to detail.
-Strong written and verbal communication skills.
-Strong interpersonal skills.
-A proactive and open-minded attitude to resolving problems and delivering results.
-Passion to thrive in a fast-paced, fluid environment.