Exciting opportunity for a Senior Technical Program Manager in our Blockchain Technical Program Management and Operations team. We foster a ...
Exciting opportunity for a Senior Technical Program Manager in our Blockchain Technical Program Management and Operations team. We foster a culture of operational excellence within Blockchain Engineering.
At VMware, we are building Enterprise Blockchain solutions using innovative technology, enterprise grade quality, and cutting-edge software approaches. You will work as part of a team of talented and supportive individuals from across the world. Our team values diversity, collaboration, and open thought while supporting VMware's EPIC2 values.
Are you ready for your next great challenge with the Blockchain Engineering team in VMware?
* Coordinate the success of VMware's Blockchain products and services across geographies.
* Lead technical programs or initiatives, having a clear and constant understanding of priorities to ensure expected outcomes are delivered.
* Facilitate the development and execution of the program plan. Shepherd features through the development process while ensuring quality and compliance are maintained. Manage dependencies and track status.
* Use your technical?background and product knowledge to proactively identify and articulate risks and drive their resolution.
* Be the authority on software development life cycle processes and champion engineering and process best practices, continuous improvement, metrics, transparency, and quality standards.
* Independently and accurately report on the state of your program to executive and other stakeholders.
* Be able to operate at a strategic level as well as a detailed hands-on and get the work done.
* Take your release deliverables live after driving compliance and launch activities.
* Provide expertise on process improvements and tools that lead to shared standard methodologies across Engineering. Foster a culture of operational excellence.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical work experience
* 8+ years of previous program management experience leading strategic software development programs for enterprise software or SaaS solutions
* Experience in software development in a commercial environment
* Experience introducing and operating software engineering processes
* Outstanding organizational, prioritization, and multitasking skills
* Adaptability to change, comfortable in a fast paced environment
* Strong, validated experience with leadership, problem solving, and critical thinking
* Waterfall, Agile and SAFe methodology experience.
Who you are:
* Collaborator: Builds strong connections across multiple organizations.
* Communicator: Strong presence. Communicates appropriately across different levels and roles.
* Curious: Asks probing questions to gather data and root cause issues.
* Data Curator: Leverages data from multiple sources to make informed decisions. Assesses multiple viewpoints and perspectives to arrive at a path forward. Shares data succinctly using dashboards.
* Strategic: Sees the big picture and defines key outcomes.
* Results Oriented: Works with cross-functional stakeholders to deliver key outcomes. Drives with a sense of urgency.
* Influencer: Has a point of view and uses to influence with intent. Facilitates and coaches to influence outcomes and decisions.
* Experience with the Atlassian tool suite (Jira Core, Confluence, Jira Service Desk, etc.)
* Experience building dashboards (Tableau, Jira).
* Experience as an engineering manager.
* Experience program managing new SaaS offerings.
* Attractive compensation package - competitive salary, flexible bonus scheme and additional long term incentives
* Individual career path - management and technical career growth, enhanced by learning and development program, regular performance assessment, teams of world-wide IT professionals
* Healthy work environment - healthcare program, food and beverage program, sport activities, open communication
* Work-life balance - paid vacation, regular team buildings and celebrations
As part of the VMware global standards for integrity you will be required to go through a pre-employment screening process before you join
All job applications will be treated with strict confidentiality
Category : Business Strategy and Operations
Subcategory: Program Management
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-07-01
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what's possible today at .
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R