* Work with the taxonomy Product Manager and the Attributes Team to develop the optimal customer facing taxonomy based...
* Work with the taxonomy Product Manager and the Attributes Team to develop the optimal customer facing taxonomy based on input from data analysis, business stakeholders, and customer feedback
* Research and document retail taxonomy architecture standards and best practices
* Communicate and coordinate with multiple teams (including Product, Analytics, Merchandising, Marketing, and Technology) to understand the various business needs and constraints
* Conduct iterative evaluations of taxonomy design based on customer feedback (usability testing, interviews, heuristic reviews, etc.) to improve the shopping experience and continuously measure effectiveness
* Identify and implement improvements to taxonomy change management processes and internal/external communications
* Define and report taxonomy and classification metrics for measuring product findability and customer satisfaction
* Develop and execute taxonomy-related product roadmaps that support the overall company strategy and vision
* Perform other duties as required and assigned by manager and upper management.
* Follow legal policies as directed.
* 3-5 years e-Commerce experience
* 2-4 years taxonomy and metadata experience
* Strong knowledge of cataloging principles, classification standards, and information architecture
* Experience planning and conducting user research, and analyzing results to help improve customer experience
* Exceptional technical and analytical skills, with proven ability in identifying problems, recommending solutions, and improving processes
* Proven success in execution and management of projects
* Ability to work well in cross-functional teams, including software engineers, marketing, account management, sales operations, and finance
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* Ability to self-motivate and self-manage, and to prioritize and execute roadmaps that tie company vision and strategy into the best long-term customer experience
* Knowledge of relational databases and SQL
* Knowledge and understanding of semantic middleware like PoolParty, Semaphore or similar software
* Experience managing processes through JIRA and documenting in Confluence or similar
* Familiarity with analytical tools like Adobe Analytics, Visual Insights, or similar
* Proficient with Microsoft Office, especially MS Excel
* Knowledge of graph databases and SPARQL query language preferred
BS/BA Degree in Library/Information Science or related field or equivalent professional work experience
MS/MA Degree in Library/Information Science or related field or equivalent professional work experience
Who We Are:
Just a few minutes from Salt Lake City and Utah's ski slopes, Overstock is an original resident of "Silicon Slopes", one of the fastest growing technology hubs in the country. We're a passionate group of collaborative problem solvers and creative innovators, working on cutting-edge technology. From building award-winning retail applications (with amazing AR functionality) to creating leading blockchain and machine learning technologies, each of us embodies a unique value and contributes a diverse perspective to the team.
What We Offer:
* 401k (6% match)
* Flexible Schedules
* Onsite Health Clinic
* Tuition Reimbursement, Leadership Development Program, & Mentorship Program
* Onsite Fitness Center with group fitness classes and trainers
* Onsite Cafe with additional Coffee Shop and Juice Bar
* Onsite Greenhouse, providing fresh fruits & vegetables for our cafe
* Overstock Women's Network (OWN)
* And More…
* Benefits vary based on position, tenure, location, and employee election
This position requires you to sit, stand and perform general office functions. You may also be required to lift up to 25 pounds occasionally. Bending, stooping and reaching are also frequently required.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and associates. This policy includes our commitment to ensure that all employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, pregnancy, veteran status (including Vietnam era veterans), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other non-job-related characteristic protected by law.
Back to Overstock Careers