Quadric is building a full-stack system that is designed to meet the requirements of next-generation edge & edge-cloud computing products. I...
Quadric is building a full-stack system that is designed to meet the requirements of next-generation edge & edge-cloud computing products. In order to leverage the tsunami of data generated at the Edge, the next generation of computing innovation is happening outside the data-center. Quadric has created a solution that is specifically optimized not only for Artificial Intelligence (AI) workloads, but also for Image Processing, Data Analytics and more.
In this position you will be a core member of our hardware team and will have an opportunity to grow in the company of expert technologists who also happen to be good people you'll want to spend time with.
Key responsibilities include
- Collaborate with the hardware team to define firmware requirements for an all custom Quadric processor
- Read, understand, and modify basic firmware and interact with firmware developers.
- Work with the silicon ops team to optimize board/system design requirements with substrate requirements all the way down to the silicon IO.
- Design & develop quadric's systems stack applicable across a multitude of applications and operating systems.
- Be a pivotal part of new silicon bring-up activities.
- Manage and organize Bill of Materials (BOM), BOM variants, board fab versions, assembly versions and ECO versions effectively.
- Drive the development of cool developer products like this one
- Minimum of 5 years experience in high-performance systems.
- EE skillset with hands-on industry or university experience in embedded systems development
- Hardware and Software post-silicon bring-up and debugging skills. Capable of working independently in a hardware lab with test equipment
- Experience using prebuilt firmware libraries to interact with control registers of various components such as temperature sensors, clock drivers, DC-DC power supplies.
- Experience with high-speed differential interconnect such as PCIE, CSI, and USB
- Knowledge of common low-speed peripheral interfaces such as GPIO/I2C/SPI
- Experience with bench top debugging using JTAG
- Knowledge of version control (Git) and continuous integration
- Experience with Altium is a plus
- Bonus points if you have any experience working with FPGAs
- A creative and self-starting attitude
- Provide competitive salaries and meaningful equity
- Provide a politics-free community for the brilliant minds who want to make an immediate impact
- Provide an opportunity for you to build long term career relationships
- Foster an environment that allows for lasting personal relationships alongside professional ones
Founded in 2016 and based in downtown Burlingame, California, Quadric is building the world's first supercomputer designed for the real-time needs of edge devices. Quadric aims to empower developers in every industry with superpowers to create tomorrow's technology, today. The company was co-founded by technologists from MIT and Carnegie Mellon, who were previously the technical co-founders of the Bitcoin computing company 21.Quadric is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, or disability.