Bachelor's degree in systems engineering, a related specialized area or field is required (or equivalent experience) p...
Bachelor's degree in systems engineering, a related specialized area or field is required (or equivalent experience) plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience. Agile experience preferred.
Department of Defense TS/SCI security clearance is required at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Responsibilities for this Position
Developing mission-critical systems that help keep people safe is what we do. At General Dynamics Mission Systems, you'll be part of the team that helps heroes make a true impact. The work we do is important. The challenges we face are career-defining. The opportunity we can offer is one-of-a-kind.
We apply advanced technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, AR/VR, Cloud Native and Quantum Physics to solve our customers' missions in cyber, RF, undersea, interstellar space and everything in between.
As a Senior Systems Engineer, you'll lead model and simulation activities as you participate in requirements analysis and management, functional analysis, performance analysis, system design, trade studies, systems integration and test (verification). It's your chance to step up to the challenge and prove you're ready to lead the world.
What you'll experience:
What you bring to the table:
- Technologies that aren't just top-notch, they're often top-secret
- A team of bold thinkers committed to exploring what's next
- Opportunities to gain new knowledge - as it's discovered
- Up to 10% Travel may be required
What sets you apart:
- A Bachelor's degree in systems engineering, a related specialized area or field and a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience or a Master's degree and a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience; Agile experience preferred
- Expert knowledge of systems engineering concepts, principles and theories
- Expert proficiency with requirements management & system modeling tools
- Agile Methodology knowledge and experience
- Platforms: Microsoft Windows® operating systems, Linux, VMs, UNIX
- Exceptional communication skills with the capacity to get buy-in on concepts and ideas
- Creative thinking with the ability to multi-task
- Aptitude to quickly grasp and apply new information
- Effectively leads teams to the successful completion of major programs and projects
- Ability to interact with project teams, managers and end users
- Commitment to ongoing professional development
- SATCOM & RF Experience
- Testing & Troubleshooting of secure Wide Area Networks (WANs) and Very Small Aperture Terminals (VSATs)
- Recognized as a subject matter expert (SME) in multiple technical areas
- Experience with Development & Collaboration Tools (i.e. JIRA, Confluence, ClearQuest, et. al.)
- Knowledge and experience with object-oriented programming, system processes and scripting languages
Note: The compensation information listed is a good faith estimate for this position only and is provided pursuant to the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act and Equal Pay Transparency Rules. It is estimated based on what a successful Colorado applicant might be paid. It assumes that the successful candidate will be in Colorado or perform the position from Colorado. Similar positions located outside of Colorado will not necessarily receive the same compensation.
If performed in Colorado, this position has a salary range of USD $98,124.00/Yr. - USD $160,076.00/Yr. Company OverviewGeneral Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS)
engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 12,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran - provided by Dice