About ConsenSys: ConsenSys is the leading Ethereum software company. We enable developers, enterprises, and people worldwide to build next-...
ConsenSys is the leading Ethereum software company. We enable developers, enterprises, and people worldwide to build next-generation applications, launch modern financial infrastructure, and access the decentralized web. Our product suite, composed of Infura, Quorum, Codefi, MetaMask, and Diligence, serves millions of users, supports billions of blockchain-based queries for our clients, and has handled billions of dollars in digital assets. Ethereum is the largest programmable blockchain in the world, leading in business adoption, developer community, and DeFi activity. On this trusted, open source foundation, we are building the digital economy of tomorrow. To explore our products and solutions, visit
About the role:
As a Senior Systems Administrator on the Technology & Security team, you will assist with the day-to-day technical operations of ConsenSys staff and the systems they utilize, both locally and remote. You will also serve as a technical project manager on numerous larger-scale infrastructure and technology projects that affect the organization at large.
As a Senior Systems Administrator, your main duties will involve maintaining computer systems, including:
* Help Desk ticketing management and remote support
* Hardware and software support
* Videoconferencing (both digital and physical)
* Onboarding and offboarding tasks for new hires and departing employees
* General desk side technical assistance
* Execution of large-scale technical projects and company-wide technology initiatives
As the main IT point of contact for our US employees, you will also be involved in assisting with any and all technical projects as we scale various teams, including:
* Procuring and shipping equipment to remote employees
* Installation, cabling, and relocation of networking, A/V, and office equipment
* Other IT-related tasks as required
* You have a background in systems administration with a record of progressively expanding responsibilities.
* You are proficient with mixed Mac and PC environments, networking, and SaaS platform administration (such as Okta/SSO identity management, G Suite/Google systems, Slack, video conferencing, Atlassian products, etc.)
* You have used a ticketing system and/or CRM platform for issue and support tracking.
* You have a thirst for knowledge and great research skills; you love independently solving problems and developing creative solutions to complex challenges.
* You are a self-starter with initiative and drive to accomplish goals with minimal direction.
* You are adaptive and quick on your feet, able to deal well with ambiguity and shifting priorities and business needs.
* You are empathetic and caring, with a user-focused mentality and a drive to deliver world-class customer service.
Bonus points for:
* Experience and/or interest in DevOps support and/or cloud service provider platforms (AWS, Azure, etc.)
* Information Security experience, such as responding to security incidents, reviewing console logs, auditing systems access, or working with SOCs.
* Experience with GDPR requests, DSARs, and/or other data access or legal discovery requests.
* Enthusiasm and interest in blockchain technology, including previous internships, co-op's and/or work experience in blockchain and/or Fintech.
Why join ConsenSys?
Here are some of the perks of being part of a unique organization like ConsenSys
* One of the most recognized tech companies in the blockchain ecosystem globally. A work experience at ConsenSys is a tremendous reference for your future career. ConsenSys alumni have moved on to become tech entrepreneurs, CEOs, and team leads at tech companies.
* The forefront of a revolution. We fundamentally believe blockchain is a next generation of technology that can lay the foundation for a more just and equitable society. You can be a part of building the digital economy of tomorrow and radically transforming our society for the better.
* A dynamic startup environment with deep roots. We are one of the earliest blockchain companies and a leader in the space. You'll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that reaches the edge of our ecosystem.
* Deep technical challenges. Blockchain technology is just over 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler. There is much to be done before these platforms can scale to the order of millions or billions of users. We are building the tools, infrastructure and applications l that are pushing the technology forward.
* Continuous learning and improvements. You'll be constantly exposed to new concepts, ideas and frameworks from your peers and as you work on different projects - challenging you to stay at the top of your game.
ConsenSys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ConsenSys is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all applicants to review our best practices to protect yourself which can be found here.