Ripple's mission is to enable payments every way, everywhere for everyone. We believe connecting traditional financial entities like banks, ...
Ripple's mission is to enable payments every way, everywhere for everyone. We believe connecting traditional financial entities like banks, payment providers and corporations with emerging blockchain technologies and users is the path to an open, decentralized, and more inclusive financial future. This Internet of Value gives any internet-enabled person, application or device access to financial services that are transparent, fast, reliable, and cheap. Delivering this vision is a challenge of massive scale spanning $155 trillion in annual cross border fiat payments and the $1.5 trillion market of digital assets that has grown 10X in the last year.
Ripple's Data Engineering team collects data from a variety of sources (internal products, an ever growing list of cryptocurrency exchange data as well as detailed data from the XRP ledger) to empower growth in Ripple's business of the Internet of Value. Ripple's Data Team (comprised of Data Engineering, Applied Science and Data Science Insights) partners with stakeholders across the company to use data as a strategic asset for cutting edge product development, business strategy and customer servicing.
We are looking for a Senior Staff Data Engineer to join the Data Engineering Team and provide technical thought leadership around how to scale our GCP infrastructure in order to power high-impact initiatives across the broader organization.
Location is flexible within the US.
What You'll Do
What We're Looking For
- Work with the wider data engineering team on the design, deployment and continuous improvement of Ripple's data infrastructure. This includes data pipelines, platforms, and warehouses, and surfacing data to both internal and customer-facing applications.
- Provide technical leadership around long-term scale of our data infrastructure with a focus on automation and continuous improvement of our data platform.
- Continuously raise the Ripple Data Team's standard of engineering excellence by implementing best practices for coding, testing, and deployment of our data platforming and tools.
- Work with teams across the broader organization, including Product, Engineering, Legal, and Compliance, to think beyond the technical implications of data platform design decisions
- Evangelize the benefits of scaling and evolving Ripple's Data Platform to power Ripple's business and customers
- Partner with broader data engineering and technical operations team to improve CI/CD pipelines, as well as continually improve the operations, monitoring and performance of the Data Warehouse
What We Offer
- 10+ years of hands-on experience in designing, building and supporting data engineering applications as a Data Engineer, Data Architect, or similar type role.
- Deep experience partnering and empowering with data science teams
- Experience working with Machine Learning teams and tools strongly preferred
- Deep experience designing data platforms that support internal and external (customer-facing) applications.
- Demonstrated experience building data platforms that scale, including a deep understanding of best practices around data infrastructure and architecture design and how those impact the end use of data.
- Excellent communication skills and experience partnering with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Deep experience working in the Google Cloud Platform (GCP) or similar Cloud Infrastructures such as AWS or Azure.
- Experience working with Data Warehouse (BigQuery, Redshift etc), NoSQL (BigTable, DynamoDB etc), and ACID-compliant cloud RDBMS (Spanner, Amazon RDS, Azure SQL db etc) tools
- Experience with building data engineering pipelines using Java and/or Python, and frameworks like Apache Beam, Spark etc
- Experience with CI/CD
Who We Are
- The chance to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% paid medical and dental and 95% paid vision insurance for employees starting on your first day
- 401k (with match), commuter benefits
- Industry-leading parental leave policies
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite programs
- Flexible vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Employee giving match
- Modern office in San Francisco's Financial District
- Fully-stocked kitchen with organic snacks, beverages, and coffee drinks
- Weekly company meeting - ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- Team outings to sports games, happy hours, game nights and more!
Ripple enables payments everywhere, every way, for everyone using the power of blockchain. By joining Ripple's growing, global network (RippleNet), financial institutions can process their customers' payments anywhere in the world instantly, reliably and cost-effectively. Banks and payment providers can use the digital asset XRP to further reduce their costs and access new markets.Ripple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We're committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We do not discriminate against qualified employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by local law or ordinance.
Please find our UK/EU applicant privacy notice here.