By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best. ...
By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world's largest humanitarian network?
The work location for this exciting opportunity is virtual. The selected candidate will work remotely and can be located anywhere in the United States.
When physical travel resumes after COVID-19, the travel requirement for this role are anticipated to be 25%.
The American Red Cross is amid a multi-year initiative to modernize its systems and processes to reduce costs and optimizing operational efficiencies especially in our Biomedical Services division. To that avail, our Enterprise Architecture team is currently looking for a hands-on Solution Architect to work with leaders and stakeholders across the organization to keep abreast of business strategy and recommend & drive direction initiatives in line with our future state.
You are the right candidate if you are:
• a strong communicator and visionary with a strong sense of humor
• an individual contributor who can work independently as part of a team
• an egoless, doer (aka someone willing to design and develop solutions)
• an individual who keeps abreast of the changing technology climate to stay informed and future-minded
• a true partner to your business and tech peers in order to visualize and drive the strategic technical and business plans.
• Performing in a solution architect capacity for enterprise and business unit initiatives. Providing subject matter expertise and assessments to business stakeholders and working with business units across the organization to understand business strategies, direction, and identify needs
• Develop working technology solutions for reference and starting points for development teams
• Participating in enterprise vendor, technology, and tool selection
• Capturing, maintaining, and publishing business, information, and technical architecture artifacts
• Development of target architectures and transition plans
• Facilitating complex design and technical discussions, reconciling differing opinions and driving the decision-making process
• Presenting architectural decisions and proposals to stakeholders to explain how business strategy alignment is satisfied (more enterprise related)
• Collaborating with other architects, IT leadership, and delivery teams to ensure alignment with target and reference architectures, provide guidance, solicit feedback, and identify enterprise IT needs
• Act as a technology guardian to promote sustainable solutions and tactfully discourage poor choices
• Provide oversight, guidance, and contributions to help ensure project success
Education/Certification: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent experience
Required Skills/Experience: 5 + years of broad experience in the information technology with depth in sub-disciplines of information architecture and application/technical architecture and breadth across all disciplines in a large global corporation.
At least 3-5 years professional Solution Architecture experience in an architectural or design capacity for 'large scale' mission critical, multi-tenant, multi-tier enterprise systems.
Experience serving as the primary technical architect and lead developer for multiple critical corporate applications.
Strong experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud computing platform.
Strong hands on experience with the Salesforce platform across its various offerings required. Firm understanding of the underlying technology framework and tools.
Strong experience with relational and SQL databases (Oracle, SQL Server etc.). Experience with NoSQL databases desired.
Familiarity with Enterprise Architecture frameworks (TOGAF, Zachman, etc.) & Enterprise Architecture tools
Strong understanding of data management technologies (MDM, Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, Data Science)
Strong understanding of Integration technologies including ESB, iPaaS, API Management and Service Governance experience
Experience with product evaluations and selection, buy-or-build
Strong desire to keep up with emerging technologies such as AI & ML, RPA, Blockchain, Identity management
Highly intelligent, conceptual, excellent judgment, and capable of analyzing business and management problems. Must possess the ability to arrive at sound and effective business solutions.
Excellent communication skills; able to present a solid business case, form business partnerships, and frame issues for a wide variety of stakeholders including executive management.
Background with Medical, Biomedical and/or DDA data processing systems and/or CRM systems highly desirable i.e. Blood Equipment Systems (BECS); Donor Recruitment Systems, etc.
Strong knowledge of systems security, data protection, and data privacy.
Adaptable to finding creative solutions for the American Red Cross Mission.
*LI-EH1Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee's professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment. To be considered for this position, please visit to apply.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights