The Supply Chain Solution Architect is responsible for architecting and designing comprehensive solution...
The Supply Chain Solution Architect is responsible for architecting and designing comprehensive solutions that meet functional requirements. This position will play a significant role in establishing the architectural vision and direction needed for achieving full business value within global logistics operations. The selected individual will be responsible for identifying, prioritizing and improving long-term technological capabilities (API, Blockchain, Google Glass, Artificial Intelligence etc.), monitor market/technology trends along
with vendor strategies and determine potential impacts to Global Supply Chain.
- Provide insights to technical trends within the logistics industry as well as with vendors specializing in logistics.
- Identify and recommend process improvements or configuration changes needed to support and drive gross margin improvement within Logistics.
- Able to assist in preparing near & long term strategic plans and implementation strategies that will position operational excellence today and tomorrow.
- Collaborate with Enterprise Architect Team to review solution design, any new implementation or introduction of new technology to ensure compliance
- Create detailed architectural specifications, document architectural assumptions and constraints
- Communicate architectural specifications to vendors, contractors and business sponsors in an actionable, clear and unambiguous manner
- Provide technical expertise in the areas of warehouse management, transportation management, and labor management solutions
- Identify technical risks early and bring to the attention of management for transparency and mitigation.
- Proficient in authoring, editing and presenting technical documents.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related
- 3-5 years of prior Supply Chain industry experience.
- 1-3 years of experience operating, configuring, and/or integrating freight transportation management software (TMS), preferably MercuryGate or another leading TMS (BluJay, JDA, Manhattan, SAP, OTM, etc.)
- MercuryGate-specific contract setup / testing - certified preferred, but not required
- Experience navigating standardized workflows and dynamic rule sets to satisfy complex process requirements
- Experience using TMS or related planning and optimization software to conduct "what if" scenarios for freight consolidation, pooling, scheduling and other analyses
- Business process focus and experience mapping process flows
- Experience using or integrating TMS with ERP, WMS systems
- Experience conducting general transportation and shipment data analysis
- An understanding of how transportation impacts overall supply chain operations
- Demonstrated ability to deliver projects leveraging SDLC methodologies.
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to think out of the box
- Proven communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills across all organizational levels
Precise Solutions is an Illinois BEP/FBE (female owned business enterprise) certified consulting company founded in 2000. Our mission is to provide companies with specialized resources that can drive their system portfolio projects using program management processes, change management and blended learning solutions. Please visit our website at
At Precise Solutions, we are looking for top talent consultants to bring on as employees of our organization and service our clients in the pharmaceutical and healthcare industries primarily located in the Northern Chicago Suburbs. We are much more than a consulting firm! Precise Solutions provides competitive compensation packages with great salaries, benefits, health insurance, paid time off and pension.