Build the teams and tools to help 14bis scale
14bis is an early-stage startup that uses blockchain technologies to help
the world's largest governments and aerospace companies eliminate
supply chain fraud by increasing transparency and enabling interoperability
across existing information management systems.
Started in 2017, we're a TechStars portfolio company with advisors from
MIT and a team that includes a Fulbright Scholar and aerospace
technology thought leaders with 35+ years of combined industry
With a fielded product that customers already love, we're as excited to be
revolutionizing our clients' logistics challenges as we are to eradicate
fraudulent activity that has no place in the 21st century. For mission-driven
and creative Senior Software Engineers that are excited about helping
build an impact-driven startup from ground-up, we couldn't imagine a
better place to be.
● Become the technical leader for internal and external facing digital
● Advise client IT architects, managers, and executives on technology
decisions and recommended solutions.
● Partner with business and product management teams to design,
build, and maintain a robust platform and required interfaces for
real-time data and transaction processing.
● Lead the evaluation of emerging technologies and usage of platform
● Resolve complex design challenges, balancing the need for rapid
delivery with the sustainability of developed applications.
● Ensure success of application performance by defining and
designing to meet enterprise-class nonfunctional requirements such
as performance, availability, and scalability.
● Support go-to-market activities and customer adoption.
● Oversee work completed by purchased service resources for each
What you'll build:
● Figure out the most efficient ways to transform slow, legacy systems
into scalable digital solutions that operate at lightspeed.
● Iterate on - or even better, re-imagine - our fielded blockchain
system that increases supply chain trust and resource optimization.
● Architect tracking systems for digital and physical assets that
improve the safety, security, and reliability of flights worldwide.
● Use your technical skills to eliminate corruption, fraud, waste and
counterfeit products from aviation hardware supply chains.
● Work with cross-functional client teams to develop and implement
technical solutions that focus on data optimization, tracking, and
● Make aviation logistics the safest, most secure, and most trustworthy
industry on the planet.
You should have:
● Expertise leading Agile Software Development teams.
● A passion for breaking down barriers to generate a high impact user
● 5 years of software development experience.
● Extensive knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture and use of
cloud-based, software-defined infrastructure.
(Node.js, angular, etc.).
● Experience with web design technologies, such as HTML, CSS,
XML, SOAP and REST.
● Experience with Databases and/or application development
● Demonstrated ability to influence people and drive results amongst a
● Strong customer orientation and problem-solving skills.
● US Citizenship with eligibility for a security clearance.
We believe the unique characteristics of blockchain technology are ideal
for using the discipline of software engineering to combat the scourge of
supply chain fraud and its dangerous consequences. That's why it's our
mission to improve supply chain transparency and system interoperability
to make global aviation supply chains transparent, safe and secure.
We are extremely proud of our young team's early and consistent wins that
- Winner of the Supplier Challenge category at the world's first Aviation
Blockchain Challenge, sponsored by SAP and Lufthansa Labs (Oct
- Selected for Phase I of the US Army's Expeditionary Technology
Search (Aug 2018)
- Selected as a Finalist for the MIT Sloan CIO Symposium's 2018
Innovation Showcase (May 2018)
- Selected as a Privacy and Security Finalist at SXSW 2018 (March 2018)
If you are a curious, driven, and entrepreneurial Senior Software Engineer
with a desire to build teams and tools that positively impact the world at the
intersection of blockchain technologies, aviation, and supply chain
management, apply here !
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
We do not discriminate on the basis of sex, age, color, race, religion, marital
status, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical and mental
disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status or any other
basis protected by federal, state or local law.