Parsons is looking to hire a Senior Software Engineer for our smart cities initiative. This person will serve as a member of our R&D archite...
Parsons is looking to hire a Senior Software Engineer for our smart cities initiative. This person will serve as a member of our R&D architectural team with oversight of our smart city platform subsystems. They will work with the principal architect and be a key stack holder in defining the principles shaping our software development and technology adoption practices. As a member in research and development this person will be responsible for fostering a culture inspiring technical experimentation for pushing the envelope of what's possible while raising the bar of excellence.
We are looking for a hard-core software technologist capable of making the hard decisions with lots of experience and an intuitive grasp of how things are put together but prefers the technical track to that of management. Someone who possesses loads of intellectual horsepower and looking to tackle the most complex problem spaces with the simplest designs. Someone who is naturally inquisitive and will ask more questions than answers provided. Prefers to build each subsystem but understands the benefits in interfacing with 3 rd party subsystems for time-to-market opportunities.
- Partner with product management to translate smart city requirements into technical solutions and system designs
- Document and communicate designs, estimates, and implementation plans
- Hands on implementation of POCs for Smart City platform
- Collaborate with principle architect to evaluate solutions and gain a clearer understanding on interfaces and technical direction
- Create subsystem APIs for Smart City platform with full implementation
- Evaluate leading edge technologies and perform technical due diligence
- Use design-test methodologies
- Provide leadership and expertise in the development of standards, architectural governance, design patterns, and practices
- Create unit tests as part of the development process
- Work with 3 rd party technologies to help spring board the implementation of your designs
- 10-12+ years of technical leadership and design experience in software development
- 8-10+ years designing and delivering high performing large scale distributed systems
- 6-8+ years in SOA and XaaS architectures
- 5-7+ years in security-based designs
- 2-4+ years in IoT stacks
- Blockchain experience a plus
- Understand the difference between managed and unmanaged languages and why you would use one over another
- Provide examples of high performing scalable systems you've built and your technology choices
- Flexibility and creativity in solution design - including leveraging emerging technologies
- Capable of adjusting design elements to meet team skillset and/or partner technology paradigms
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to clearly explain and justify ideas when faced with competing alternatives
- Ability to communicate and apply common design patterns across a wide range of technical problems
- Prior experience with structured and unstructured data technologies (Sql, NoSql, MongoDB, Cassandra, Facebook, Twitter, etc)
- Experience with agile development, continuous delivery, and DevOps
- Strong understanding of infrastructure and related technologies (hardware, virtualization, networking)
- Strong understanding of networking protocols, design, and IP address spaces.
- Proficient in multiple OO languages (C++, Java, etc)
- Proficient in development toolchains (Visual Studio, TFS, Eclipse, Git, SVN, etc.)
- 15-30% travel will be required.
Must have at least a bachelor's degree (or foreign earned equivalent degree) in a computer or engineering field