The Engineers at Chainalysis are driven by working on new technical challenges every day. As relentless problem-solvers and big dreamers, we...
The Engineers at Chainalysis are driven by working on new technical challenges every day. As relentless problem-solvers and big dreamers, we're building technology that enables widespread adoption of cryptocurrencies and lays the foundation for a new economic paradigm.
A Senior Software Engineer on the Data Intelligence team is really good at building reliable and scalable backend pipelines to make data available to our products, ultimately enabling law enforcement agencies, the world's largest cryptocurrency businesses, and financial institutions to do things like take down dark web marketplaces, prosecute child predators, and solve the Twitter Hack (yeah, we do all that!). We measure success by how well we build components that are reusable and replaceable, reducing time to production, building tools that simplify data analysis and fostering collaborative relationships across the company.
In one year you'll know you were successful if…
A Background Like This Helps
- You contributed to increasing the scalability of our backend systems
- Solved complex problems with peers and stakeholders across the organization
- You have helped the team to design cloud native systems
- You have helped make analytical data available for use across the organization
- You're an experienced Scala/Java developer (or other JVM language)
- You are comfortable building backend ETL pipelines and services in a Cloud environment (AWS, GCP)
- You're comfortable working with SQL databases
- You've worked in an environment where you support the systems you put into production
- Experience working with Kafka
- You have some knowledge of one or more blockchains (Bitcoin, Ethereum, etc)
- Experience working deploying services on to Kubernetes
- Blockchain P2P Node and Networking Fundamentals
At Chainalysis, we help government agencies, cryptocurrency businesses, and financial institutions track and investigate illicit activity on the blockchain, allowing them to engage confidently with cryptocurrency. We take care of our people with great benefits, professional development opportunities, and fun.You belong here.
At Chainalysis, we believe that diversity of experience and thought makes us stronger. With both customers and employees around the world, we are committed to ensuring our team reflects the unique communities around us. Some of the ways we're ensuring we keep learning are an internal Diversity Committee, Days of Reflection throughout the year including International Women's Day, Juneteenth, Harvey Milk Day, and International Migrant's Day, and a commitment to continue revisiting and reevaluating our diversity culture.
We encourage applicants across any race, ethnicity, gender/gender expression, age, spirituality, ability, experience and more. Additionally, if you need any accommodations to make our interview process more accessible to you due to a disability, don't hesitate to let us know. You can learn more here. We can't wait to meet you.
Applying from the EU? Please review our Candidate GDPR Notice.
By submitting this application, I consent to and authorize Chainalysis to contact my former employers, and any and all other persons and organizations for information bearing upon my qualifications for employment. I further authorize the listed employers, schools and personal references to give Chainalysis (without further notice to me) any and all information about my previous employment and education, along with other pertinent information they may have, and hereby waive any actions which I may have against either party(ies) for providing a reference. I understand any future employment will be contingent on the Company receiving satisfactory employment references.