Boston, USACircle is a global internet finance company, built on blockchain technology, powered by crypto assets, and dedicated to helping p...
Boston, USACircle is a global internet finance company, built on blockchain technology, powered by crypto assets, and dedicated to helping people everywhere create and share value. We ve already made sending money around the world free and easy using blockchain technology with Circle Pay. With Circle Invest, we re expanding our offerings with a cryptocurrency investment product, enabling anyone to buy and sell crypto assets. Through Circle Trade, we re market makers for the top crypto coins and offer OTC trading services. In March 2018, Circle acquired Poloniex, one of the world's leading token marketplaces. We are looking for a senior level engineer that enjoys solving complex problems in the blockchain / cryptocurrency space. This individual will be a strong software engineer with a deep understanding of cryptocurrency and blockchain technology.
What you'll work on
- Be the technical liaison between our engineering organization and crypto asset projects
- Help us find and vet innovative new crypto asset projects
- Work directly with crypto asset dev teams to understand the technical merits of their project
- Prototype exchange/wallet integrations
- Attend conferences and meet-ups to establish relationships with crypto asset project teams
- Be an active online presence representing our values and connecting us with the community
- Be the technical expert for our crypto asset business development team
What you'll bring to Circle
- 7+ years of professional software development experience including 2+ years programming blockchain solutions
- Understanding of blockchain architecture & smart contract development. You've programmed and deployed solidity contracts or contributed code to a crypto asset project.
- Program (and review code) primarily in C++, Python & Java (has ability to pick up new languages rapidly)
- Ability to manage complex projects and multi-task with excellent organization skills
- Comfort with a fast-paced environment and changing requirements
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty and ambiguity
- Analogous experience that involved the kind of research this role will require with respect to reading and digesting project white papers
Circle was founded in 2013 by internet entrepreneurs Jeremy Allaire and Sean Neville. We re backed by $250 million from investors including Jim Breyer (Facebook), Goldman Sachs, IDG Capital (Baidu, Tencent), General Catalyst (AirBnB, Snapchat), Accel Partners, and Bitmain, with offices in Boston, New York, San Francisco, Dublin, London and Hong Kong. Check us out at circle. com and download Circle Pay & Circle Invest for iOS and Android today. We are an equal opportunity employer
and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.About your personal informationWe respect your privacy and are committed to protecting your personal information. Please refer to our candidate privacy notice here. for more information on how we will be using your personal information. By submitting your application, you agree that you have read and understood the candidate privacy notice.