Senior Software Engineer (Cloud)
Change Healthcare is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to work in a team of AWS Cl...
Senior Software Engineer (Cloud)
Change Healthcare is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to work in a team of AWS Cloud Engineers working on the Realtime Settlement program. This role will be responsible for design, development, test, and deployment of distributed software systems and Infrastructure as Code solutions in the AWS cloud. A successful candidate will have an established background in developing cloud applications, strong technical ability, and motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment. You will be working in a team providing technical leadership in lean/agile and DevOps practices, including test driven development, continuous integration and delivery, and engineering best practices. This role will work with architects, other engineers, product and program managers in an Agile/SCRUM environment to deliver the requested features and improvements to the software.
This position requires a good understanding of enterprise best practices and customer personas. The ability to absorb new technologies, understand existing enterprise management tools and the skill to leverage them to the maximum extent is a key component of this position. We are striving for maximum compatibility with current healthcare products and services as well as new cloud enterprise technologies and best practices.
This role will focus on greenfield engineering of Realtime Settlement system using disruptive technologies such as distributed ledger and smart contracts. The space is complex and challenging as we are a startup in a larger organization. We work in small, agile, geographically distributed scrum teams.
Engage in leading the building a market changing real-time claim settlement system leveraging an evolving set of languages and technologies including Java, Go, Python, Rust, and AWS services such as ECS, Lambda, Fargate, S3, Kinesis, and AppMesh.
- Ability to act independently to determine methods and procedures on new or special assignments
- Demonstrate strong drive to learn and advocate for development best practices (TDD, code reviews, continuous integration, work in small batches, etc.)
- Communicates proactively and effectively with team members and other stakeholders in a highly Agile environment.
- Self-starter that will take tasks and accomplish them with little oversight.
- Strong background in modern languages such as Java, distributed systems development, REST web services, and relational databases.
- Experience with GIT, GitHub/Lab, Jenkins, Jira
- Demonstrated technical experience as a senior engineer, cloud-based experience preferred.
- Demonstrated initiative with learning new technologies, such as Cloud.
- Communicates well with the ability to target the message to the audience.
- Travel - less than 10%
If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, know how to deliver, are deeply technical, highly innovative and long for the opportunity to build pioneering software solutions to challenging problems, we want to talk to you. Qualifications:
- 8+ years of software engineering experience including Agile
- Established skill designing and developing solutions to complex problems in a distributed systems environment.
- Strong technical credentials, including hands-on cloud solution experience
- Mastery of the tools of the trade, including familiarity with modern cloud computing, agile development, automated testing, and development best practices
- A strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
- Ability to breakdown requirements into stories and provide estimates, perform code reviews, raise technical bar, identify risks and create documentation
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Experience in agile/scrum methodologies, DevOps, and software development lifecycle
- Committed to current best practices, continuous deployment, 100% fault tolerance, high performance, infrastructure as code, and working in a Test Driven and DevOps organization
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
- Experience with Distributed Software, Service Oriented Architecture, NoSQL database concepts
- Demonstrable experience working with large enterprise data assets
- Experience with X12 healthcare transactions such as Eligibility and Claims
- Experience with HIPAA compliance and the security of PHI data
- Exposure to and understanding of Blockchain technologies such as DAML
- BS degree in computer science, engineering, or a related field.
Join our team today where we are creating a better coordinated, increasingly collaborative, and more efficient healthcare system! Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement
Change Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, or veteran status. To read more about employment discrimination protections under federal law, read EEO is the Law
at and the supplemental information at .
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to with "Applicant requesting reasonable accommodation" as the subject. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Click here to view our pay transparency nondiscrimination policy.
California (US) Residents: By submitting an application to Change Healthcare for consideration of any employment opportunity, you acknowledge that you have read and understood Change Healthcare's Privacy Notice to California Job Applicants Regarding the Collection of Personal Information .
Change Healthcare maintains a drug free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug-testing, where applicable, in accordance with federal, state and local laws.