As a Senior Software Engineer you will be an integral part of a team working to strategically apply blockchain technologies to new and innovative business areas, resulting in high-throughput transaction systems at global scale. If you want to work on extremely challenging technology problems of global scale, then this is the role for you.
As a Software Engineer you will be responsible for:
* Software component implementation supporting the deployment of a global blockchain system supporting a high volume of transactions.
* Prototyping and proof-of-concept experiments to prove out design decisions.
* Software testing at all levels (unit, module, component, system).
* Data analysis and visualization to test hypotheses related to system behavior.
* Working collaboratively with a cross-discipline team in a fast-paced, agile environment. About the Team
Akamai Labs is expanding its team with a mission to strategically apply blockchain technology to business requirements for a highly available, high throughput, highly secure transaction system.
Required Education and Experience
Applicants must meet one of the following education and experience requirements:
* 5 years of relevant experience and a Bachelor's degree or
* 3 year of relevant experience and a Master's degree or
* PhD in related field
* 3+ years experience with 1 or more of the following languages-C/C++, Java, Python.
* 3+ years experience with relational and/or NoSQL databases.
* 3+ years experience working on Linux/Unix platforms.
* 1+ years experience designing, implementing and deploying a blockchain, cryptocurrency or something similar.
* Experience modifying and extending the Bitcoin core or related codebase.
* Contribution to open source cryptocurrency projects.
* C/C++ experience.
* Expertise in cryptography, especially the mathematics behind cryptocurrency.
* Experience in banking and financial transactions.
* Site reliability engineering and/or related work including service performance.
* Experience building scalable servers or distributed systems.
* Proven track record of delivering large amounts of high quality, complex code.
* Highly responsible, self-disciplined, self-managed, self-motivated, able to work with little or no supervision.
* Extensive experience working on multiple projects at a time in a fast paced, results oriented environment.
* Excellent written and verbal communications skills.