OpenNode is building the future of money through simple, secure, instant, and low-cost Bitcoin payment infrastructure for businesses everywh...
OpenNode is building the future of money through simple, secure, instant, and low-cost Bitcoin payment infrastructure for businesses everywhere.
We are now seeking a Senior Software Engineer (Backend) to deliver distributed, resilient and high-performing backend services using Node.js
The role will report to the CTO. This position is full-time and ideally based in Los Angeles, CA - but location is flexible for the right candidates.
- Passion for bitcoin and the future of money
- Insanely organized, seriously fun to work with
- 5+ years of experience designing and building backend systems
- Proven expertise with SWE standard methodologies for development, code reuse, testing etc
- Experience with web services (consuming and creating) with REST
- Experience with developing scalable platforms with RDMS (PostgreSQL), real time messaging systems, advanced cache stores like Redis
- Capable and willing to add value from micro to macro
- Thoughtful and articulate.
- Work closely with the CTO to design and develop distributed, resilient and high-performing backend services using Node.js
- Maintain and improve existing services which include actively trying to pay back technical debt and extend their functionality
- Act in a technical leadership capacity by mentoring junior engineers and new team members
- Work both collaboratively and independently
- Investigate new technologies and practices
- Work closely with front-end developers
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with DevOps practices
- Experience with gRPC
- Understanding of Bitcoin and the Lightning Network
- Entrepreneurship or startup experience
- Adept at writing technical documentation
- Speak multiple languages and/or have spent significant time abroad
- Well connected in the crypto and/or payments industry