Who we are looking for
Charles River Development (CRD) based out of the Burlington (MA) office is hiring Senior Software Engineer (AVP level...
Who we are looking for
Charles River Development (CRD) based out of the Burlington (MA) office is hiring Senior Software Engineer (AVP level) to join our well-established group and help drive product development initiatives. If you are a collaborative problem-solver, this an opportunity to continue to build your career within a very strong, senior level engineering team and help to develop challenging new products for a market leader in the financial space.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of Charles River Development (or CRD), that became a part of State Street in 2018. CRD helps create enterprise investment management software solutions for large institutions in the areas of institutional investment, wealth management and hedge funds. Together we have created first open front-to-back platform - State Street Alpha, that was launched in 2019. Join us if delivering next generation infrastructure, using emerging technologies like AI and Blockchain sounds like a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As a Senior Software Engineer you will
What we value
- Influence and impact the architecture, standards, and design of key product initiatives for applications in Java services
- Contribute as a Sr. Individual contributor within a team of top engineers
- Work in a dynamic, fast-paced, Agile scrum team environment
Education & Qualifications
- Excellent problem-solving ability
- Smart, dedicated, collaborative people with motivation and desire to learn/grow while contributing ideas to the overall success of the teams objectives.
- Ability to work independently, handle multiple tasks simultaneously and adapt quickly to changes
- Extensive Java n-tier application experience (Emphasis on back-end development, Core Java and Multi-threading preferred)
- Strong SQL skills with considerable experience with an RDBMS like Oracle or SQL Server
- Strong with OO design and development
- Hands-on experience with Web Services
- 5-8 years of professional software development
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent field
- Knowledgeable of commercial software development, proficient in developing multi-tier solutions
- Must have experience in cloud native application development. Preferably with exposure to Kafka, Snowflake, k8s, Angular JS, Java.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), good interpersonal skills, team player
- Ability to gather and understand requirements in the financial sector (Math background desirable, but not required)
Things are things we'd love to see, but are not necessarily must haves:
About State Street What we do.
- That you have played a key role in developing and supporting commercial software products which were sold to non-technical customers in vertical markets
- Knowledge of XML/XSL
- Experience with Tomcat, JBoss, Weblogic or Websphere
- Solid grasp of algorithms, ability to solve complex heuristic/optimization types of problems
- Experience with developing applications for the financial markets would be ideal but not a requirement. (Fixed Income, Trading, FX, Risk, Portfolio/Wealth Management, Market Data, FIX, etc.)
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers