Are you Software Engineer who thrives in a fast-paced work environment where challenges are faced with enthusiasm? Are you a people person w...
Are you Software Engineer who thrives in a fast-paced work environment where challenges are faced with enthusiasm? Are you a people person who takes pride in producing quality work quickly? If so, we'd love to talk with you! IQ Inc. is currently looking for a driven Software Engineer that will collaborate with researchers, engineers, business consultants, and other designers. The candidate will spread their time among the Pittsburgh Office, at client sites throughout the country, as well as working remotely from home.
Amazing benefits, including a 401(k), will be provided to the employee and the travel opportunities are endless. If you love to see different parts of the country then this job is for you, as approximately 50% of your time will be traveling to different locations. Successful Software Engineers within this role will have a strong desire to "get things done", produce quality work, and show continued progress on specified projects throughout the day. This is an exciting opportunity and we'd love to talk with you more about it!
As a Software Engineer you will:
- Build technology products and systems at varying levels of fidelity and scale from lightweight mock-ups to MVPs
- Use state-of-the-art methodologies, tools, and best practices
- Travel globally to client sites
Some of the "must haves" are as follows:
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- Demonstrated progressive engineering experience in software/systems development
- Experience with Object Oriented Programming using Python, C#, and/or Java
- Ability to work in an Agile development environment
- A strong desire to work in a collaborative team environment and provide a high level of quality on all work performed
- Excellent oral, written, and listening skills to effectively communicate on technical topics
- Ability to perform work within budget allotted
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering/Computer Science, or related field
Additional desired skills:
- Web services and message formats such as JSON and XML
- Cloud platforms such as AWS and Azure, as well as managed services on those platforms such as Beanstalk, Lambda, etc.
- Mobile languages and frameworks such as Objective-C, ReactNative, and Java
- Relational and noSQL databases
- Up and coming technologies such as AR/RV, lloT, Al, and Blockchain
- Data science and visualization applications such as Hadoop, Databricks, Spark, and d3.js
What to include on your resume:
- A link to your portfolio/git repository that demonstrates your affinity for software engineering and shows how you approach digital challenges
IQ Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, IQ Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
IQ Inc. expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of IQ Inc.'s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.