Senior Software Engineer
Calypso Technology is seeking a highly motivated and innovative blockchain developer to join our technology team w...
Senior Software Engineer
Calypso Technology is seeking a highly motivated and innovative blockchain developer to join our technology team who can envision the next great technological innovations. In this role, you will be contributing to the evolution of our large-scale, distributed matching application developed using blockchain technologies like hyper ledger & corda.
- Research, Design, develop, and test Blockchain technologies using Java as the primary language, with minimal supervision.
- Brainstorm and evaluate applications for new technologies and tools as they continue to evolve.
- Develop frameworks for use by vertical engineering teams throughout the organization.
- Maintain and extend current client and server-side applications responsible for integration and business logic.
- Participate in technical reviews as part of the development process.
- Define, document and evangelize through global training sessions best practices to be used by engineers across the organization.
- Work with vertical engineering teams to build new and migrate existing offerings to leverage new patterns and technologies.
- Document and implement governance of architectural principles.
- BS or MS in computer science or related field or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of development experience developing production grade, multi-threaded, enterprise client/server software using Java stack.
- Experience contributing to the architecture, design, and implementation of Blockchain technologies like corda and hyper ledger with key focus in the areas such as consensus, distributed ledger, and smart contracts.
- In-depth experience with Java programming language.
- Experience with common Java frameworks including Object Oriented programming, JDBC, Spring, ORM Solutions, JPA, JEE, JMS, Gradle.
- Proficient on *nix development and production environments.
- Experience with various relational, document and No-SQL databases (Oracle, Sybase, Mongo)
- Familiarity with using GIT or other version control software for source code management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of modern front-end technologies.
- Experience with docker is a plus.
- Experience with cloud services such as Amazon, Oracle is a plus.
Calypso's Rewarding Careers
Since our founding in 1997, Calypso has been the leader of innovation in capital markets technology. To continue our track record of growth we need the best talent from across the globe and offer outstanding opportunities to join a uniquely innovative, highly successful company that straddles the worlds of technology and finance. With 20 offices worldwide, market leading products and a customer base of the world's top banks, asset managers, hedge funds and insurers our team thrives on stimulating challenges and global opportunities.
Your Calypso Careers
We are growing our team by recruiting and hiring the best talent in the market - those who desire to take the initiative, are self-directed learners and have the desire solve our customers' problems to drive our growth. Also, we identify, train and develop future leaders to ensure we have the capabilities to scale the business and to provide career development to our team members.
At Calypso, you will have an active role in a business that makes a difference in the capital markets every day. Regardless of your role, your work will be closely tied to our customers' success and will have an impact on their mission critical systems.
If you have the drive, a winning attitude and a desire to make a difference then we invite you to apply today.
Calypso Technology is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and strongly supports diversity in the workforce.
Calypso only accepts resumes from approved agencies who have a valid executed Non-Exclusive Master Staffing Agency Agreement on file. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Calypso employees, or send to any Calypso location. Calypso is not responsible for any fees or claims related to receipt of unsolicited resumes.
Associated topics: application developer, architect, c/c++, design, develop, matlab, maven, perl, software architect, software engineer lead