SS&C is a global provider of investment and financial services and software for the financial services and healthcare industries. Named to F...
SS&C is a global provider of investment and financial services and software for the financial services and healthcare industries. Named to Fortune 1000 list as top U.S. company based on revenue, SS&C is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut and has 20,000+ employees in over 90 offices in 35 countries. Some 18,000 financial services and healthcare organizations, from the world's largest institutions to local firms, manage and account for their investments using SS&C's products and services.
This position will be located within our 4 Times Square, New York NY office building
The position is to work on development of new investment services applications. Our applications are written in Vue/React JS in front end and C#, Python and Java in the mid and backend using SQL Server, MongoDB as database.
This position will participate in the design and development of our new investment services initiatives. This is a role with significant growth potentials within a fast paced development environment. The candidate should be willing to learn new technologies such as AI, Machine Learning, Voice Recognition and Big Data.
- 5+ years of working experience in ASP.NET and C# programming.
- Deep understanding of .NET Framework 4.0 or above.
- Working knowledge of bootstrap, node, angular, vue and/or react.
- Fundamental knowledge of .NET platform tools, utilities, and MS Visual Studio.
- Good knowledge of authentication and authorization with security sensitivity in mind when coding applications.
- Extensive knowledge on XML including XML Schema, XSLT, XPath, and XQuery.
- Knowledge of Telerik or other AJAX development library, and or HTML 5.
- Excellent experience with SQL coding, performance tuning on stored procedures/functions, indexing.
- GUI driven dynamic SQL construction.
- Knowledge of Windows and windows API.
- Working knowledge of Web Services, WebAPI, Micro Service and Service Oriented Architecture.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and good client interfacing skills.
- Quick learner for emerging technologies such as AI/Machine Learning, Voice Recognition and Big Data.
- Spark, Kafka, Zookeeper
- Telerik, jQuery UI, Vue, HTML 5 and/or Kendo UI
- Java, Python
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Knowledge of software and hardware logical and physical deployment options and related security and performance concerns and solutions.
- OO design patterns a plus.
- Good documentation skills are a must.
- Experience in a software development environment with high quality assurance standards is required.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Experience developing Amazon Alexa voice skills and using the voice APIs
- Deploying applications to AWS
- Blockchain and its application to investment management applications
- Artificial intelligence and its application to investment management application
- Accept responsibility and Personal accountability.
- Highly logical, proactive, and keen attention to detail.
- Ability to work well independently or as a member of a team.
- Demonstrate flexibility, reliability and adaptability in approach to work.
- Demonstrate effective teamwork and working relationships with internal and external parties.
- Demonstrate a self-directed approach to learning new technologies in the field; pursue professional development.
- Take personal ownership (going beyond assigned tasks to make project better, identifies and reports issues, demonstrates strong concern for client and initiatives).
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related. #LI-FG1
Unless explicitly requested or approached by SS&C Technologies, Inc. or any of its affiliated companies, the company will not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment services.
SS&C offers excellent benefits including health, dental, 401k plan, tuition and professional development reimbursement plan.
SS&C Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Bachelor's Degree