As an Application Developer, you will lead IBM into the future by translating system requirements into the design and developm...
As an Application Developer, you will lead IBM into the future by translating system requirements into the design and development of customized systems in an agile environment. The success of IBM is in your hands as you transform vital business needs into code and drive innovation. Your work will power IBM and its clients globally, collaborating and integrating code into enterprise systems. You will have access to the latest education, tools and technology, and a limitless career path with the world's technology leader. Come to IBM and make a global impact!
Your Role and Responsibilities
Do you have a passion for coding on cutting edge technology? Are you self-motivated and seek to explore new technologies? Are you ready to take your Blockchain technology expertise to the next level?
IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is hiring strong Developers who develop custom technical solutions to solve clients' problems in various industries on one or more of the Blockchain Technology platforms, such as Hyperledger, Ethereum, Corda, Axoni and Ripple. Other equivalent proprietary platform experience may be considered.
* Solve new problems. Working in blockchain means solving technical problems that have not been solved before. You will develop innovative solutions in distributed ledger technology and become well-versed in new technologies in the evolving blockchain space.
* Learn fast and think big. You will have to pick up new technologies as needed and understand business problems across industries (supply chain, financial services, public sector). Almost every blockchain solution is only one piece of a much bigger picture; you will be tuned into the micro details and the macro vision.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
As a full stack developer, we expect you to have a breadth of knowledge across different languages, tools, and frameworks. We do not expect you to be an expert in all of them, but we do expect a level of comfort in being able to switch between front and back end roles and support infrastructure and architectural tasks.
* At least 3 years of experience in designing, building, and supporting application systems
* At least 2 years of experience in four of the following categories at minimum:
* Back-end: Nodejs, Golang, Java, Python
* Database: SQL (Oracle, Postgres, MySQL), NoSQL/Graph (Mongodb, Couchdb, Neo4J)
* Infrastructure: Docker, Kubernetes, Continuous Integration (Jenkins, TravisCI)
* Cloud-based platforms: AWS, GCP, IBMCloud
* Distributed System Architecture: microservices, SOA, sub/pub messaging, event streaming
* At least 1 year of experience using versioning tools (Git, SVN)
* Experience in test automation frameworks such as Jasmine/Jest/Junit
* Experience working in teams using agile/scrum methodology and following agile software practices: CI/CD, TDD, pairing, infrastructure automation
* Familiarity with code and architecture design principles (clean code, RESTful APIs, SOLID, object-oriented vs functional, microservices vs. monolith, etc)
* Some experience developing Blockchain applications using Hyperledger, Ethereum Solidity, Corda, Ripple or other proprietary language and APIs.
* Involvement in developer community groups and open source contributions
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
* Communicate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
* Ability to manage competing priorities, adjust, and pivot quickly
* Collaborate with team members and clients - learning, guiding, teaching as you go
* Mentor junior developers and lead by example through code reviews, pairing, and learning sessions
* Win trust of the client by demonstrating expertise and diligence