Ready to be a leader with the company that is committed to pushing the limits of truly advanced technologies? At General Dynamics Mission Sy...
Ready to be a leader with the company that is committed to pushing the limits of truly advanced technologies? At General Dynamics Mission Systems, we create the products and services that help our service members, intelligence analysts and first responders keep our nation safe. The work we do is so advanced, it's often classified. If you want to put your talent in the spotlight, it's waiting for you right now, right here.
We apply advanced technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, AR/VR, Cloud Native and Quantum Physics to solve our customers' missions in cyber, RF, undersea, interstellar space and everything in between.
As a Senior Software Developer, you'll lead a team of extraordinary talent. Together you'll perform software requirements analysis, lead research and design, and develop and test software and tools. From inventing new products or enhancing existing applications, your talent and leadership abilities will be front and center.
Bachelor's degree in software engineering or a related technical field is required (or equivalent experience), plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience. Agile experience preferred.
Department of Defense Secret security clearance is required at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
What you'll experience:
- Technologies that aren't just top-notch, they're often top-secret
- A team of bold thinkers committed to exploring what's next
- Opportunities to gain new knowledge - as it's discovered
What you bring to the table:
- A Bachelor's in software engineering or a related technical field and a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience or a Master's degree and a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience; Agile experience preferred
- Thorough understanding of software engineering concepts, principles, and theories
- Expert at applying technical standards and methodologies to resolve issues in creative ways and help company meet financial and business objectives
- Very strong knowledge of software tools supporting Integrated Development Environments (IDE), version control, defect reporting and scripting
- Experience as an agile product owner
What sets you apart:
- Excellent communication skills
- Very strong knowledge of technology trends and the ability to champion new ideas, products and process improvements
- Ability to effectively handle complex assignments
- Creative thinking with the ability to effectively multi-task
This is an opportunity to collaborate with agile teams, working within a DevSecOps environment using the latest and best industry practices for architecture, software development, and automated CI/CD pipelines. The applications being developed are mission critical, and essential to national defense.
Each team member must possess two cross-discipline skills: software development, software test, command and control system analysis, system security, DevOps methods, or model based systems engineering.