What You'll Do
You will work to develop distributed systems that collect information from Cisco endpoints and coordinate queries for its cu...
What You'll Do
You will work to develop distributed systems that collect information from Cisco endpoints and coordinate queries for its customers. Orbital Engineers build the service that distributes queries for information and the endpoint component that executes these queries.
Who You Are
You are self-motivated, result driven and engaged individual and enjoy collaborating in team-based environment. You want to get to the bottom of things, understand what's going on, and make a difference. You are someone who doesn't give up when faced with complex problems.
- Passionate about security, protecting our customers' privacy is our chief concern at Cisco.
- Self-Motivated and comfortable with working in a diverse and distributed team.
- Experience in software development in either desktop software or distributed systems.
- Expertise in Go or C/C++ and a willingness to learn Go.
- A solid understanding of software engineering practices.
- Familiarity with DevOps practices.
- Familiarity with Windows software development.
- Experience with resource optimization techniques.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here's how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we're "old" (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we're also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do - you can't put us in a box!
But "Digital Transformation" is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!