What You'll Do
Cisco is looking for a talented developer to add to our threat integration product team. Using Clojure, we develop data sources to services to analytics, front-end development and data visualizations.
We focus on simple (but not too simple) solutions, crisp abstraction and composition of services, and the pervasive application of functional programming. Who You'll Work With
Our team is distributed across North America and Europe. We work mostly from home and occasionally come into the office - if necessary. We very much value verbal and written communication skills, sociability, and pride in carrying out duties and discharging responsibilities with exuberance and alacrity.
We draw on the best of agile themes and techniques of the past 30 years-continuous integration and deployment, testing, flexible collaboration with globally distributed team members via chat and video, and gradual, deliberate optimization of process in the name of keeping projects and releases flowing smoothly, in order to provide an excellent product to our customers. We are surrounded by talented QA, UX, support, documentation writers, and management - we hold ourselves to high standards.
If you enjoy working with a group of creative, talented and enthusiastic individuals on problems at the intersection of data design, transparency and interaction, then this is the place for you. Who You Are
- Do you like solving interesting problems?
- Are you passionate about working in one of the fastest-growing product lines in Cisco
- Someone that prefers to collaborate with brilliant developers
- Want a competitive salary and benefits to support a stable, high-quality life outside of work?
- Want to work for an organization that will assist in developing your skills, talents, help you grow?
- Someone that wants flexibility and good work/life balance
- Do you love working from home?
Nice to have:
- Have 8+ years industry experience
- Advanced UI and visualization in the browser (SVG, D3, Grammar of Graphics, Bertin)
- Systems architecture (Object orientation, patterns, service orientation, reactive, functional-relational, and back again)
- Logic programming (Prolog, rule systems)
- Databases, inverted indexes, message queueing (Elasticsearch, Kafka, etc.)
- Provisioning and configuration management
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here's how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we're "old" (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we're also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do - you can't put us in a box!
But "Digital Transformation" is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!