United States of America
HNC01: UTAS Headquarters (HS) 2730 West Tyvola Road, Charlott...
United States of America
HNC01: UTAS Headquarters (HS) 2730 West Tyvola Road, Charlotte, NC, 28217 USA
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers' toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
At Collins Aerospace, we're dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry - all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies- Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems - we're driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Do you want to be part of a new, exciting initiative to combine foundational IT with new digital technologies? Our Digital Technology (DT) team is driving business efficiencies and a better customer experience by connecting technologies, people, information and processes. From making aircraft more electric, intelligent and integrated to building new software platforms such as Internet of Things, big data, artificial intelligence, and blockchain, there's no better place to be right now than in digital. If you're an agile thinker who enjoys utilizing modern technology to make big improvements, then you're a perfect fit for this team. Join Collins Aerospace and help us revolutionize the aerospace industry today!
In the Senior Software Developer role, you'll be a key contributor to the growth of our modern web application portfolio. Experience in Java 8, Microservices architecture and REST API is required. Proficiency developing in an agile process and a solid knowledge of enterprise architecture is key to success in this role.
You will report to the Associate Director of Software Development, and can be located in either Charlotte, NC or Windsor Locks, CT.
* Develop enterprise MVC web solutions throughout the full stack, including UI, API and back end.
* Work with architects to create scalable, extensible and sustainable solutions.
* Work with Product Managers and subject matter experts to translate business needs into stories and tasks.
* Participate as an engaged member of a self-organizing Agile development team.
* Partner with DevOps team for streamlined and effective deployments.
* Coordinate development efforts with remote and offshore co-workers.
* Accurately estimate project tasks and timelines.
* Enhance technical acumen through research, user groups and professional development.
Bachelor's degree required
* 5+ years Java
* 3+ years REST API
* 3+ years structured or semi-structured data stores
* 1+ years Microservices architecture (Spring Boot preferred)
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Cloud technologies (Azure, AWS)
* Agile project methodologies
* Basic server administration
* Basic network administration
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
* Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
* Drug Screens for re-hires only performed for previous employees who have been gone from the company for more than 1 year
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.