This is a Senior Software Architect/Health IT developer role and is responsible for designing, developing, deploying, and supporting HL7 FHI...
This is a Senior Software Architect/Health IT developer role and is responsible for designing, developing, deploying, and supporting HL7 FHIR integration using APIs and SMART on FHIR applications between various Patient/Provider/Payer networks.
The ideal candidate will need to partner with internal and external integrators and stakeholders to
connect, test, and maintain application integration using Enterprise Integration Patterns. This role
may include some responsibility for maintaining other interoperability platforms or frameworks such
as HL7 FHIR, HL7 v2, and ANSI HIPAA X12.
The candidate must be a self-motivated individual with exceptional communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills and work well in team environments. You will have experience in business-facing roles and leading deep technical architecture discussion sessions with stakeholders, enterprise architects, Project teams, and developers.
• Successfully complete all required job training and keep certifications up to date.
• HL7 FHIR Integration Engineer will lead the design and development of various
application integrations to Linux for Health.
• Be familiar with the latest HL7 FHIR version as well as other interoperability frameworks. Maintain proficient programming skills in REST web services, Java, Apache Camel, Apache Kafka, JSON, and other relevant languages and/or frameworks.
• Create, present, and maintain program design artifacts like data flow diagrams and end-user process maps.
• Elicit and help configure integration tools or platforms necessary to implement bi-directional application and EHR connectivity.
• Lead authentication and security strategy for connections between internal and external systems
• Review all project-related design documents and ensure alignment with enterprise software development standards, including change management.
• Prepare cost estimates and monitor actual costs for all development activities.
• Identify emerging technology trends and leverage them in the healthcare industry. Stay up to date on interoperability concepts and standards.
• Analyze, assess, build, and maintain the interfaces for all data exchange methodologies, including HL7, X12, flat files, web services, FHIR, and more.
• Configure interface monitoring options and review and ensure all error messages are addressed according to Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
• Participate in implementing change management processes for all solution releases.
• Participate in integration testing with internal applications and with external third-party external applications.
• Participate in evaluating system upgrades and new functionality and implementing it on time to ensure customer availability.
• Maintains documentation on all processes and procedures within the scope of job functions.
• Provide on-call support for production performance/availability or other critical issues.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• 10+ years of development experience
• 5+ years of experience leading enterprise software solution architecture/design
• HL7 FHIR® (R4) Proficiency Certificate
• Programming Languages Java, Python, Node.JS
• Experience in Enterprise Integration Patterns with Apache Camel
• Strong communication skills and can articulate technology vision to senior management.
• Experience in either Scrum or Kanban model CD/CI Agile Development
• Experience in Kubernetes and Terraform is a plus.
• Experience with API Security & Federated Identity Technology such as OAUTH 2.0, Open ID Connect, UMA, and SAML 2.0
• Familiarity with SMART on FHIR standards
• Experience or familiarity with distributed blockchain-based technologies is a plus.
- provided by Dice