A cryptocurrency start-up in downtown San Francisco is looking for a Senior Site Reliability Engineer to join the rapidly growing and geogra...
A cryptocurrency start-up in downtown San Francisco is looking for a Senior Site Reliability Engineer to join the rapidly growing and geographically distributed Site Reliability team. This bootstrap start-up builds a real-time trading platform for digital currencies. Doing over half a billion dollars of Bitcoin transactions a day this start-up does more Bitcoin (BTC) trading than any other platform in the world.
To ensure safety during the COVID-19 pandemic, this position is temporarily 100% remote. Once both the State of California and the company determine that it is safe to work, the Senior Site Reliability Engineer will be expected to work in the San Francisco office.
The Senior Site Reliability Engineer has multiple projects they could work on. One project is to plan, prepare for, and execute a migration of virtual machines running on AWS to cloud-native container-based deployments with Kubernetes. Another ongoing project is coding infrastructure with Terraform and Chef. Also improving the existing Prometheus monitoring and/or building new metrics to improve observability. As the team works on establishing an extensive Disaster Recovery system, the team's long term goal is to work towards chaos engineering.
Tech environment also includes AWS, Terraform, Chef, Golang, Python, Prometheus, Docker, Github, and uses GitOps paradigm.
Required Skills & Experience
Desired Skills & Experience
- 7+ years of professional experience supporting and maintain a high-level Production Infrastructure.
- Strong expertise when it comes to Site Reliability.
- Significant Terraform experience creating Infrastructure as Code.
- Strong knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes.
- Scripting or programming experience with Python or Golang.
- Experience working in an AWS or Google Cloud Platform environment.
- Strong logging and monitoring experience.
What You Will Be Doing
- Experience working in a cloud-native or multi-cloud environment.
- Familiar with Chaos Engineering practices.
- 75% working on a project related to Disaster Recovery, Availability, Reliability, or Observability.
- 25% Automating the existing environment through Terraform, Chef, or scripting in Go.
- 100% Hands On
- 15% Collaborating with other teams
- Competitive Salary: Up to $200,000-$250,000K base, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Profit Sharing
- 401(k) matching
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
- $10k annual budget for education purposes
- $100/mo wellness stipend
- Paid membership to premium fitness club
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
#LI-JODELL - provided by Dice