Help Us Build the Future of Money
Gemini Trust Company, LLC (Gemini) is a licensed digital asset exchange and custodian. We built the Gemin...
Help Us Build the Future of Money
Gemini Trust Company, LLC (Gemini) is a licensed digital asset exchange and custodian. We built the Gemini platform so customers can buy, sell, and store digital assets (e.g., Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Zcash) in a regulated, secure, and compliant manner.
Digital assets and blockchain technology have the power to transform the world for good. This truth, along with our core values, form the bedrock of our company and culture. At Gemini, no job is too small and no project too big as we endeavor to build the future of money. We are a mission-driven, team-based, inclusive, and determined community of thought leaders who invest in each other and the long game. Join us in our mission!
The Department: Security
In the emerging industry of digital assets, there is nothing more important than trust (which is why Gemini's very first hires were Security experts). The Gemini Security team forms the backbone of all that we do and is as diverse as the number of challenges we tackle in the crypto space. From security architecture and engineering to maintenance of cold storage systems and data centers to cybersecurity and litigation support, our team ensures that our customers, clients, and employees are safe, secure, and supported.
The Role: Senior Site Reliability Engineer - Security
The Security Engineering team at Gemini enables our partners across the business to benefit from impactful security tools, platforms, and guidance. With a passion for making the easiest path also the most secure one, Security Engineering focuses on accelerating the business through secure-by-design approaches for the needs of our internal peers to get their job done.
Whether we're crafting highly-reliable cloud environments, securely configuring a new business service, advising on an in-progress architecture, or creating a custom toolchain, the Security Engineering team considers how we're balancing friction with security value, fighting back "security theater" by using our expertise with an empathetic, customer-service approach.
- Design, deploy, and maintain services/platforms for our security & engineering teams
- Utilize configuration management and "infrastructure as code" for all environments
- Establish robust alerting, logging, monitoring, and documentation across technologies
- Create custom modules and tooling to enhance the capabilities of our security solutions
- Partner closely with internal teams on security architecture and configuration decisions
- 5+ years of experience building secure, resilient AWS-based environments
- Proficiency in writing Terraform and Ansible, including associated test suites
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with an attention to detail
- Able to self-scope, define, and manage project plans involving multiple stakeholders
- Comfortable working in Linux-based environments, including deployment of services
- Ability to read and write software using Python, with additional experience in Bash
It Pays to Work Here
- In-depth knowledge of AWS security technologies, both native and third-party
- Experience designing and implementing technologies for zero-trust architectures
- Previous deployment of container technologies, such as Kubernetes, EKS, or Nomad
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
- Competitive base salaries across all departments
- Ownership in the company via profit sharing units
- Amazing benefits, 401k match contribution, and flexible hours
- Snacks, Perks, Wellness Outings & Events