Who We Are:
We are located just minutes away from Salt Lake City, Utah and several world-class ski resorts, and within hours of five nation...
Who We Are:
We are located just minutes away from Salt Lake City, Utah and several world-class ski resorts, and within hours of five national parks. Overstock is an original resident of "Silicon Slopes", one of the fastest growing technology hubs in the country. We're a passionate group of collaborative problem solvers and creative innovators, working on cutting-edge technology like our award-winning retail app (with amazing AR functionality) and leading blockchain and machine learning technologies. Our team embodies unique values and diverse perspectives, making Overstock a hidden treasure in the tech industry.
Overstock's mission is to use, build, and find cutting-edge technology that helps connect people with products and services in new and unexpected ways. Our website offers millions of brand name products at discount prices to inspire people to make their dream homes a reality.
The Senior Security Engineer will proactively investigate, implement and manage technical environments and solutions to support operational security for Overstock.com. This person will work directly with the Security Officer to implement best practices and to ensure that all regulatory compliance obligations are fulfilled. This individual will be expected to serve as a mentor to other members of the IT Security team and to collaborate with operations and business teams to implement appropriate and effective security controls.
The Senior Security Engineer must have a solid foundation of knowledge and experience in the various components that make up the IT Security field. They should demonstrate an ability to learn and understand an organization's networks, systems, and applications very quickly. The Engineer's responsibilities are continually expanding. As they progress in the organization and technological solutions evolve, they must continually adapt to stay current in the security space.
* Iteratively research and design security environments, technologies and frameworks to support the IT Security life cycle
* Execute regularly planned maintenance and testing activities and effectively communicate those activities with relevant stakeholders
* Ensure infrastructure is fully compliant with security guidelines
* Work with individual teams and business units to architect security controls into solutions
* Research and design metrics to communicate department requirements and contributions to business goals
* Monitor systems and networks for security events and investigate violations as they occur
* Identify areas in which the team can improve processes, procedures, technologies or tactics and implement solutions for fixing those areas
* Assist Analysts and Engineers with projects as needed
* Perform other duties as required and assigned by manager and upper management
* 6+ years of practical experience in the field or in a related area
* Understanding of risk management and aptitude to make risk-based decisions
* Demonstrated ability to perform threat modeling for application and operational initiatives
* Excellent organizational, interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
* Must be a self-starter, able to perform and adapt in a rapidly-changing environment
* Strong network security skills: in-depth knowledge of TCP/IP; ability to read and diagnose IP packet captures; firewall theory and policy; Intrusion Detection/Prevention Systems, Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) mitigation, some knowledge of routing and switching
* Strong endpoint security skills: Anti-Virus (AV), Endpoint Detection & Response (EDR), Data Loss Prevention (DLP), host-based forensics
* Web Application Security skills: Web Application Firewalls (WAF), Bot Mitigation, Static and Dynamic Application testing tools
* Understanding of public and private cloud technologies and securing those services
* Experience with incident handling, incident response, forensics and malware analysis
* Excellent technology analysis, communication, organizational and troubleshooting skills
* Ability to creatively solve business needs and problems
* Ability to interface with and manage vendor relationships
* Drive and willingness to innovate and automate
* Offensive Security OSCP
* Systems or infrastructure
* Cloud management
What We Offer:
* LEED Gold Certified 19-acre Campus & Global HQ
* Onsite Daycare Center
* 401k (6% match)
* Onsite Health Clinic
* Flexible Schedules
* Tuition Reimbursement, Leadership development Program, & Mentorship Program
* Onsite Fitness Center with group fitness classes and trainers
* Onsite Cafe with additional Coffee Shop and Juice Bar
* Indoor Bike Storage
* Summer Party at Lagoon, Utah's largest theme park
* Employee Fall Concert (Past performers include: Flo Rida, Snoop Dogg and Jason Mraz)
* Medical, Dental, Vision coverage
* Onsite Greenhouse, providing fresh fruits & vegetables for our cafe
* Life Insurance, Short and Long-Term Disability coverage
* Onsite salon services, massages, & auto-detail services
* Discounts on ski passes, cell phone plans
* Overstock Women's Network (OWN)
* Benefits vary based on location, position, tenure, and employee election
What We Value:
* Wellness & Balance
* Corporate Social Responsibility
* Innovation - Discussed on Medium, Digital Trends, and Digital Commerce 360.
This position requires you to sit, stand and perform general office functions. You may also be required to lift up to 25 pounds occasionally. Bending, stooping and reaching are also frequently required.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and associates. This policy includes our commitment to ensure that all employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, pregnancy, veteran status (including Vietnam era veterans), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other non-job-related characteristic protected by law.
Back to Overstock Careers SDL2017