Ripple's InfoSec team is growing and we are looking for a Senior Security Engineer with a focus on SecDevOps. This role will be focused on e...
Ripple's InfoSec team is growing and we are looking for a Senior Security Engineer with a focus on SecDevOps. This role will be focused on ensuring our public cloud infrastructure meets security requirements. In this role you will have a broad scope within the information security program to grow your career, but we are specifically targeting public cloud infrastructure pro's with an Infosec focus . The role will report to our Director of Information Security and interface with our broader IT and Engineering teams on a regular basis.
What You'll Do
What We're Looking For
- Lead initiatives with Engineering teams to continually improve our security posture in the public cloud
- Partner with others across Engineering teams to identify and mitigate risk in Ripple's AWS and GCP public cloud infrastructure
- Monitor and assess public cloud infrastructure
- Better enable our detection and response capabilities in the public cloud
- Evaluate and assess new Security tools and systems, and provide recommendations to leadership
- Evangelize a positive security culture across the Engineering organization
What We Offer
- 5+ years of experience building and monitoring public cloud infrastructure
- Extensive Linux systems experience
- Deeply familiar with cloud hosting operations (AWS, GCP)
- Detailed knowledge of system security vulnerabilities and remediation techniques, including penetration testing and the development of exploits
- Experience with Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud Platform
- Deep configuration management and orchestration experience (Salt, Ansible)
- Familiar with the Hashicorp ecosystem (Terraform, Vault)
- Fluent with Kubernetes management and monitoring
- Intermediate level skills with python coding (Java is a plus)
- Inclusive leadership and teamwork skills
- Results oriented, values collaboration, self-motivated
- Someone willing to adapt to change in a fast moving environment
Who We Are
- The chance to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% paid medical and dental and 95% paid vision insurance for employees starting on your first day
- 401k (with match), commuter benefits
- Industry-leading parental leave policies
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite programs
- Flexible vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Employee giving match
- Modern office in San Francisco's Financial District
- Fully-stocked kitchen with organic snacks, beverages, and coffee drinks
- Weekly company meeting - ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- Team outings to sports games, happy hours, game nights and more!
Ripple is doing for value what the internet did for information: enabling its instant and seamless flow around the world. We call this the Internet of Value (IoV). Using blockchain and cryptocurrency technology, Ripple is dedicated to creating powerful gains in financial efficiency, equity and inclusion. In addition, Ripple is developing and enabling the future use cases that will catalyze the new digital economy for governments, businesses and consumers.
Ripple has offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore, São Paulo, Reykjavík, Washington D.C. and Dubai.Ripple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We're committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We do not discriminate against qualified employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by local law or ordinance.
Please find our UK/EU applicant privacy notice here.