Ripple's InfoSec team is growing and we are looking for a Senior Security Engineer. This role will be focused on monitoring, evaluating and ...
Ripple's InfoSec team is growing and we are looking for a Senior Security Engineer. This role will be focused on monitoring, evaluating and managing risk and security programs across our organization. In this role you will have a broad scope within the information security program to grow your career, but we are specifically targeting public cloud security and product security pros. The role will report to our Director of Information Security and interface with our broader IT and Engineering teams on a regular basis.
What You'll Do
What We're Looking For
- Lead initiatives with Engineering teams to effectively model threats and mitigate risk
- Partner with others across Engineering teams to identify and mitigate risk in Ripple's AWS and GCP public cloud infrastructure
- Collaborate on defining and developing consistent and insightful InfoSec program metrics to show tangible value for our infosec investments
- Build and drive our security automation program by developing machine learning, service integrations, and response playbooks
- Evaluate and assess new Security tools and systems, and provide recommendations to leadership
- Evangelize a positive security culture across the Engineering organization
What We Offer
- 5-8 years of experience in Information Security OR a PhD in Information Security with 3-5 years of experience
- Experience with the application of threat modeling and other risk identification techniques
- Detailed knowledge of system security vulnerabilities and remediation techniques, including penetration testing and the development of exploits
- Experience with Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud Platform
- Advanced level skills with python coding (Java is a plus)
- Excellent leadership and teamwork skills
- Results oriented, high energy, self-motivated
- Someone willing to adapt to change in a fast moving environment
Who We Are
- The chance to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% paid medical and dental and 95% paid vision insurance for employees starting on your first day
- 401k (with match), Industry-leading parental leave policies, commuter benefits
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite programs
- Flexible vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Employee giving match
- Modern office in San Francisco's Financial District
- Fully-stocked kitchen with organic snacks, beverages, and coffee drinks
- Weekly company meeting - ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- Team outings to sports games, happy hours, game nights and more!
Ripple provides one frictionless experience to send money globally using the power of blockchain. By joining Ripple's growing, global network (RippleNet), financial institutions can process their customers' payments anywhere in the world instantly, reliably and cost-effectively. Banks and payment providers can use the digital asset XRP to further reduce their costs and access new markets.
With offices in San Francisco, New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore, São Paulo, Reykjavík, Washington D.C. and Dubai, Ripple has more than 300 customers around the world.Ripple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We're committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We do not discriminate against qualified employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by local law or ordinance.
Please find our UK/EU applicant privacy notice here.