Who we are looking for
The Senior Revenue Accountant position is part of the Charles River Development (CRD) Accounting group, and is respo...
Who we are looking for
The Senior Revenue Accountant position is part of the Charles River Development (CRD) Accounting group, and is responsible for all ASC 606 revenue recognition accounting requirements for software license and SaaS revenue streams in accordance with corporate policies and US GAAP standards.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of Charles River Development (or CRD), that became a part of State Street in 2018. CRD helps create enterprise investment management software solutions for large institutions in the areas of institutional investment, wealth management and hedge funds. Together we have created first open front-to-back platform - State Street Alpha, that was launched in 2019.
Join us if delivering next generation infrastructure, using emerging technologies like AI and Blockchain sounds like a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Senior Revenue Accountant you will
- Support the revenue close process which includes preparing journal entries, verifying the accuracy of sub ledgers and the preparation of periodic supporting schedules and analyses on a timely basis.
- Maintain sales value allocation models in MS Excel and maintain underlying reconciliations.
- Calculate license, SAAS revenue and deferred revenue on a monthly basis.
- Review contracts for revenue recognition implications and provide guidance and assistance to cross-functional departments to ensure optimal revenue recognition in line with the Company's forecast.
- Work closely and coordinate with members within Finance and Operations organizations to ensure processes are consistent, and multiple element arrangements are recognized accurately. Assist with the maintenance, implementation, and adherence to internal controls, SOX requirements, and ensure that accounting procedures comply with US GAAP.
- Assist in the implementation and maintenance of the Revenue Management System and support other similar special projects on an as-needed basis
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Understanding of US GAAP, including ASC 606, accounting principles with respect to Software, SaaS, and Professional Services revenue recognition.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office applications with advanced Excel skills including, but not limited to, pivot tables and V-lookup.
- Knowledge of general ledger systems (MS GreatPlains) and revenue accounting applications (Zuora RevPro), preferred
- Strong work ethic, accountable, and able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Team player who has the ability to work independently and proactively to respond to inquiries
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- Minimum 5 years of accounting experience in public accounting and/or high growth software or SaaS technology company.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the "Apply" button below.