Syncsort is the global leader in Big Iron to Big Data software. After several years of company growth and global expansion, we now do busine...
Syncsort is the global leader in Big Iron to Big Data software. After several years of company growth and global expansion, we now do business in over 100 countries, with over 7,000 customers - including 84 of the Fortune 100. Our mission is to organize data everywhere, to keep the world working, helping customers solve for the present and prepare for the future. Our products optimize, assure, integrate, and advance data, so data-driven organizations can get more value from their business information. We know the Next Wave of new technologies is right around the corner, so we work hard to continuously help customers leverage cutting-edge technologies like streaming frameworks, hybrid cloud, machine learning, AI and blockchain. We are looking for talented individuals with the experience and motivation to join our innovative team.
This role will join our Finance and Accounting Team in Burlington and will be responsible for providing technical revenue accounting guidance and interpretations to the finance organization and other constituents, assisting with determining accounting treatments for complex revenue arrangements, assisting with the establishment of revenue recognition policies, processes and controls, and longer term helping the Company prepare to be an SEC registrant.
- Review and document complex, multiple element arrangements to support compliance with applicable external authoritative guidance (US GAAP and IFRS) and internal company policies.
- Draft and evolve with the Director the Company's global revenue accounting policies, particularly complex and non-routine arrangements, to ensure ongoing compliance with US GAAP and ASC 606.
- Work closely with FP&A department to support monthly and quarterly management reporting and flux analyses for multiple revenue streams.
- Work with cross-functional groups to ensure agreements are structured in a way that accomplish sales and business objectives while maintaining compliance with revenue recognition requirements.
- Work with M&A team to complete due diligence, provide integration assistance and direct ASC 606 compliance for the company.
- Assist in integration of the revenue cycle with acquisitions.
- Assist with special projects, analyses and process improvements, as required.
- Assist in support of the Company's external audits (and any quarterly or other interim reviews) for the consolidated company, and several foreign subsidiaries.
- Advise and implement internal controls related to the SEC reporting process in support of management's and the external auditors' assessment of internal controls over financial reporting.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- 3-5 years of experience required; ideal candidate will have public accounting and software industry experience, but industry experience not required.
- Minimum of 3 years in public accounting with a Big Four or international firm.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance and CPA Certification required.
- Comprehensive and current understanding of U.S. GAAP and ASC 606, particularly software revenue recognition. Knowledge of IFRS preferred, but not required.
- Proven ability to interpret and apply revenue accounting guidance and prepare formal, well-supported, accounting position papers and supporting analyses.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite with strong Excel skills. Knowledge of NetSuite not required but is a plus.
- Ability and readiness to embrace and successfully drive/implement change.
- Process optimization focused; vision with the ability to apply practical solutions and navigate through ambiguity.
- Team player; comfortable operating within a dynamic, complex organizational structure and able to be flexible and collaborate with team on different projects and needs.
- Hard working, detail oriented.