The Business Entity
Cisco Security Business Group (SBG) develops best-in-class content and network security products and leads the marke...
The Business Entity
Cisco Security Business Group (SBG) develops best-in-class content and network security products and leads the market in firewall, intrusion prevention, remote access, and content security technologies.
The team you'll be joining is in charge of the Cisco Firepower and ASA network security portfolio. Cisco is a long-time market leader in threat and firewall technologies, and as such has the greatest captive base of customers in the market. It's a unique opportunity to work with a world-class team in a fast-growing entrepreneurial environment, while leveraging one of the largest portfolios of security technologies to create and deliver new offerings. This position is based in Fulton, MD or San Jose, CA
Who You Are
As a Product Manager, you enjoy thinking through what it takes to build a world-class product, you know how to communicate that to engineering, you know how to see it through a successful launch, communicate it to sales and generate market impact and customer adoption. You love technology, and you love the business side of it even more. You may have been an engineer before, but the engineering you do now is in business: you passionately engineer your business and your product's growth in the market. In this position, you will help run the network security business by driving the right features in the product you own, take on interesting business projects arising from customer, channel and platform opportunities and challenges. It will be your responsibility as a Product Manager that we agree on the right strategy for the role your product plays in the portfolio, as well as that we execute plans for your product so that it delivers on the strategy.
Are you looking for the next challenge to sink your teeth into? We'd love to hear from you.
What You'll Do
- Become an authority in your space. Our Product Managers work directly with customers to understand the space your product is in, personas using it and buying it, and ecosystem in which it operates. Conduct market analysis, competitive analysis and translate it to product direction.
- Identify and present innovative and creative product and business solutions that help your business and deliver on our strategy.
- Gather and synthesize requirements to define compelling product. Validate requirements and resulting product features with customers to ensure success.
- Broker and facilitate product decisions cross-functionally.
- Be able to balance business and user needs with technical constraints - discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative approaches, and lead and inspire engineering efforts to meet targets.
- Work with the broader Product Management team to design effective GTM strategies, work cross-functionally to have them implemented
- Partner with sales and SE teams for effective introduction of product into the market
- Maintain solid understanding of relevant technologies, contribute as a thought leader in the security industry.
- Produce case studies, white papers, presentations, and other materials to help evangelize the product.
- Solid experience with threat-related security technologies and functions, including one or more of:
- Advanced Malware
- Web or email security
- Threat intelligence/threat research
- Threat Analytics
- Experience with cloud/SAAS applications
- 6+ years of product management experience with successful products/services in security, infrastructure, networking or a related software field; 10+ in industry.
- Bachelor's degree required (Computer science or related specialty preferred), MBA preferred.
- Solid experience in an Agile development environment.
Other important traits:
- Bias for action
- Strong communication and teamwork skills.
- Self-starter with high levels of initiative, dedication and energy who can galvanize the team to follow.
- Familiarity with the needs of medium and large enterprise IT/Sec customers and GTM to those segments.
- Experience with pricing
- Experience with new product introduction
- Ability to work on multiple projects, set priorities and meet deadlines.
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here's how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we're "old" (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we're also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do - you can't put us in a box!
But "Digital Transformation" is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool.
#LI-PRIORITY - provided by Dice