The Senior Product Manager (SPM) must be creative, analytical, and have strong cross-functional skills. SPMs are expected to assist with the...
The Senior Product Manager (SPM) must be creative, analytical, and have strong cross-functional skills. SPMs are expected to assist with the growth of the company's existing businesses as well as new initiatives. SPM should be comfortable working across Engineering, Data Science, Marketing, Merchandising, Project Management, and Design/UX. For this specific role, you will be responsible for the modernization, strategy, and execution of data and machine learning products throughout Overstock. This work will require an understanding and ability to learn complex data systems and the implementation of machine learning models to solve core business problems. You will have the opportunity to revolutionize the way Overstock runs site promotions, optimizes product prices, and many more high-impacting changes Overstock is looking to undergo.
* Design and create new Data & Machine Learning products and features to improve sales, generate brand differentiation, or improve the customer experience
* Expected to gather necessary requirements and translate them into specifications that can be understood by Machine Learning and Data Engineering teams
* Expected to prioritize and execute on the most valuable problems and solutions
* Oversee individual projects to ensure vision/goals are maintained through development
* Measure product functionality and user acceptance - determining success, failure, and future improvements
* Mentor and train Associate Product Managers
* 6+ years of product management experience with data systems and machine learning
* Passion for creative, resourceful problem solving
* Demonstrated ability to coordinate software projects with various engineering teams
* Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and teams - work prioritization, planning, and task delegation
* Experience with pricing optimization is a bonus
* Proficient in the Agile/Scrum software development methodology
* Superior analytical and quantitative skills and experience using data and metrics to test theories, confirm assumptions, and measure success
* Understanding of core machine learning and data system technologies
* BA/BS required - STEM fields preferred
Who We Are:
Just a few minutes from Salt Lake City and Utah's ski slopes, Overstock is an original resident of "Silicon Slopes", one of the fastest growing technology hubs in the country. We're a passionate group of collaborative problem solvers and creative innovators, working on cutting-edge technology. From building award-winning retail applications (with amazing AR functionality) to creating leading blockchain and machine learning technologies, each of us embodies a unique value and contributes a diverse perspective to the team.
What We Offer:
* 401k (6% match)
* Flexible Schedules
* Onsite Health Clinic
* Tuition Reimbursement, Leadership Development Program, & Mentorship Program
* Onsite Fitness Center with group fitness classes and trainers
* Onsite Cafe with additional Coffee Shop and Juice Bar
* Onsite Greenhouse, providing fresh fruits & vegetables for our cafe
* Overstock Women's Network (OWN)
* And More…
* Benefits vary based on position, tenure, location, and employee election
This position requires you to sit, stand and perform general office functions. You may also be required to lift up to 25 pounds occasionally. Bending, stooping and reaching are also frequently required.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and associates. This policy includes our commitment to ensure that all employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, pregnancy, veteran status (including Vietnam era veterans), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other non-job-related characteristic protected by law.
Back to Overstock Careers