An experienced consulting professional who has a broad understanding of solutions, industry best practices, multiple business processes or t...
An experienced consulting professional who has a broad understanding of solutions, industry best practices, multiple business processes or technology designs within a product/technology family. Operates independently to provide quality work products to an engagement. Performs varied and complex duties and tasks that need independent judgment, in order to implement Oracle products and technology to meet customer needs. Applies Oracle methodology, company procedures, and leading practices.
Operates independently to provide quality work products to an engagement. Performs varied and complex duties and tasks that need independent judgment, in order to implement Oracle products and technology to meet customer needs. Applies Oracle methodology, company procedures, and leading practices. Demonstrates expertise to deliver functional and technical solutions on moderately complex customer engagements. May lead the solution design and implementation aspects of engagement(s) ensuring high quality, integrated software solutions within constraints of time and budget. May act as the team lead on projects, providing coaching, guidance and feedback to develop skills of team members. Effectively consults with management of customer organizations. Participates in business development activities. Develops and leads detailed solutions for moderately complex projects.
6-8 years of experience relevant to this position including 3-4 years consulting experience preferred. Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience preferred. Product or technical expertise relevant to practice focus. Ability to communicate effectively. Ability to build rapport with team members and clients. Ability to travel as needed.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Minimum requirement: US Citizen (Required) with an active TS clearance with Full Scope (Required)
About the role:
The Oracle National Security Group is seeking highly skilled technical team members, passionate about software development, who can support a number of exciting internal Oracle and customer facing engagements. Those who excel in this role are motivated self-starters who love to solve challenging problems and feel comfortable working directly with customers, as well as, on innovative internal development efforts. You will be an integral member of an elite team with diverse skill sets: designing and delivering unique solutions that integrate a wide variety of Oracle commercial hardware, software, and cloud, into mission-critical secure solutions for our government customers. As part of the consulting team, you will have the opportunity to work across multiple projects and customers, share your knowledge and insights - be part of cutting-edge technology innovations. This position relies on self-governing, freedom, trust, and autonomy to put your creative technical talents to work.
The Data Scientist role is responsible for modeling complex customer problems, discovering customer insights and identifying opportunities with visualization techniques using Business Intelligence and similar tools. Prior experience with Data Analytics, Visualization, and BI tools (required), preferably to include Predictive, Graph, Spatial, Semantic, and Enterprise R would be beneficial to this position. In addition to advanced analytic skills, this role is also proficient at integrating and preparing large, varied datasets, designing specialized database and computing environments, and communicating results.
This role works closely with clients, data stakeholders, project/ program managers, and other IT teams to turn data into critical information and knowledge to make sound organizational decisions. This team member needs to be a creative, critical thinker and propose innovative ways to look at problems by using Oracle data/analytic products and designing approaches using available information. Lifecycle product support may involve validation of findings using experimental and iterative approaches. Also, as a consultant, this role will be required to present findings to business by exposing assumptions, validation work, and ROI/ business case formulation that can be easily understood by counterparts.
About Our Team:
Oracle's National Security Group (NSG) is a business unit dedicated to providing technologies to the Intelligence Community (IC), Department of Defense (DoD) and to the Military Intelligence. Oracle leads the world in transforming data into actionable information and insights and Oracle NSG's Consulting Practice tailors Oracle commercial products to meet the most demanding requirements of the United States Government's sensitive missions. The government relies on Oracle and we rely on our cadre of talented, innovative technologists, developers and engineers to make it all possible. The NSG Consulting Practice is a dynamic team with an inclusive, collaborative environment where each person's unique experience and talents are valued and promoted. Our group fosters creative, entrepreneurial ideas and strives to implement them to achieve mission impact. We are dedicated to cultivating a passionate workforce comprised of professionals who aspire to grow personally and professionally.
Oracle offers some of the most competitive compensation in the market including:
* Comprehensive benefits to pick and choose from so you get the benefits that are right for you, and Oracle's pays the large majority for these benefits
* 401K matching
* Employee stock purchase plans
* Unlimited vacation time
* Educational reimbursement
* Quarterly Oracle products training
* Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)
* Corporate discount programs on a wide variety of products and service such as personal travel, car buying services and discounts, etc.
* On-site fitness facilities with access to personal trainers
* And much more???
* Familiarity with data warehouse design
* Combination of experience in skill areas including business focus, analysis and problem solving, and programming knowledge.
* Ability to quickly hypothesis through discovery phase in projects for program implementation.
* Excellent written and communication skills to report back findings in a clear, structured manner for Oracle and customer deliverable requirements.
* Experience as a contractor in the Intelligence Community; in "side-by-side" work with staff personnel (non personal services).
* Hands-on experience as a data analyst with languages such as SQL, SAS, R and Business Intelligence Tools.
* Conducts advanced data analysis and complex designs algorithm.
* Applies advanced statistical and predictive modeling techniques to build, maintain, and improve on multiple real-time decision systems.
* Leads discovery process with customer stakeholders to identify the mission requirements and the expected outcome.
* Works with and alongside business analysts by suggesting other Oracle products of interest to the customer.
* Models and frames business scenarios that are meaningful and which influence critical operational processes and/or decisions.
* Identifies what data is available and relevant, including internal and external data sources, leveraging new data collection processes such as SCADA sensors, geo-location, and social media.
* Partners with the customer data stewards in continuous improvement processes affecting data quality in the context of the specific use cases.
* Passion for technology, curiosity, and willingness to learn new skills, work with new tools and discover new and innovative approaches to solving complex technical challenges.
* Experience or training with variety of Oracle technologies including the applicability and usage of these technologies by customers.
* Hands on experience Oracle data analysis products.
This program requires strong analysis formulation while addressing customer service needs of diverse clients. Our environment not only encourages you to learn and quickly apply new, emerging Oracle technologies in collaboration with our team of elite professionals. Qualifications, skill, experience, or suitability in any of the following areas is:
* U.S. Citizenship with an active TS/SCI and Full Scope
* 6-8 years of technical/analytical experience relevant to this position
* Experience in statistical analysis, quantitative analysis, forecasting/predictive analytics, multivariate testing, and optimization algorithms.
* Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience preferred
* Product or technical expertise relevant to practice focus
* Ability to communicate effectively and build rapport with team members and clients
* Ability to travel as needed
* Education in mathematics, statistics, computer science or related field.
* Three or more years of relevant quantitative and qualitative research and analytics experience as a data scientist.
* Ability to come up with solutions to loosely defined business/mission problems by leveraging pattern detection over large datasets.
* High Proficiency with SQL, SAS, Enterprise R.
* Experience with Oracle Spatial, Graph, Semantic, ETL Technologies.
* Experience using machine learning algorithms.
* Linux or Solaris experience
Experience with any of the following technologies is beneficial:
* Oracle Big Data Appliance
* Big Data and Hadoop
* Oracle Labeling Technologies (Oracle Label Security..... click apply for full job details