Paxful is a leading peer-to-peer bitcoin marketplace and a universal money translator. Our mission is social justice through financial freed...
Paxful is a leading peer-to-peer bitcoin marketplace and a universal money translator. Our mission is social justice through financial freedom worldwide. By offering a platform with over 300 financial networks that empower both merchants and buyers alike, we have created opportunities for millions across the globe who don't have access to traditional banking services.
One of our pillars is giving back to the communities we help through humanitarian efforts such as our #BuiltWithBitcoin campaign, a charitable initiative that aims to build 100 schools in impoverished communities around the globe. You'll be joining an international team that seeks to make real, sustainable change in the world.
What you'll be doing
- Write efficient, testable, and reusable code
- Solve complex performance problems and architectural challenges
- Work closely with our developers and product owners in an agile team
- Help to troubleshoot, test and maintain the product
- Follow company coding standards
- Perform code reviews and mentor your peers
- Cover your code with tests
What we are looking for
- At least 4 years of the development experience
- Strong PHP and OOP skills
- Experience with microservices
- Good knowledge of relational databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Experience with frameworks like Symfony, Laravel, Yii
- Experience with NoSQL databases (MongoDB)
- Working with the high-load systems
- Understanding of security threats and "security by design" principles
- Be ready to work in the fast-growing environment
What would set you apart
- Interest in cryptocurrencies
What we offer
- Comprehensive insurance plans, commuter benefits, flexible spending account, and 401(k) with 4% company matching
- Gym membership, massage, chiropractor, or other reimbursement (personal training, dance classes, etc.)
- Learning and development reimbursement (including online courses, certifications, conferences, seminars, etc.)
- Flexible working hours and generous paid time off
- Parental leave, including a one-time bonus to support newborn
- Stocked fridges and kitchens along with daily catered lunch and dinner
- Thursday happy hours and team outings that you do not want to miss!