Do you eat and sleep crypto? We're a scrappy team that's been in the blockchain space since 2015 that's raised over $30m with an app with 10...
Do you eat and sleep crypto? We're a scrappy team that's been in the blockchain space since 2015 that's raised over $30m with an app with 100s of thousands of users that's growing exponentially month after month on a global scale.
We're looking for a kick-ass Senior Node.js Engineer that can help us take things to the next level to take on Rakuten and Honey. Our products empower our customers to earn in crypto while they shop at their favorite stores. Our STMX utility token further increases rewards which gives us an edge on the competition. You'll be one of four engineers making a lasting impact as we take over the world.
Senior software engineers at StormX are problem solvers. We are looking for people who innovate, love solving hard problems, and never take "no" for an answer. You will be architecting and designing systems that impact millions of users around the world, creating multi-million-dollar revenue opportunities and managing a team of talented engineers.
We follow agile development practices and want candidates who can thrive in a fast paced, high-energy work environment. We focus on delivering lots of value in short amount of time. If this sounds like a team that you want to be part of, apply now!
Learn more about us at https //stormx.io or view the StormX app on Android, iOS and Chrome button.
This is a full-time position 40+ hours per week and you'll be directly managed by our Technical Project Manager.
Who you are
- You are data-driven. You contribute to the engineering and product team decision making with the data you have access to and any insights you can derive.
- 5+ years in backend development
- Deep knowledge of building scalable web systems with microservice architecture. Understanding of software development in an agile environment. The ability to consistently estimate chunks of deliverable work and create estimates for larger features.
- Great understanding of high-volume transactional systems, continuous delivery, and automated deployments. Expert using source control, performing code reviews, selecting appropriate algorithms and data structures for our services.
- Solid experience with relational, non-relational databases and cache stores such as MongoDB, PostgreSQL, and Redis.
- Willing to work at a startup with a fast pace environment that requires you working long hours.
- Team player. You work with confidence and without ego. You have strongly held, defensible ideas, and advocate for what you believe is right. You are also adept at identifying and evaluating trade-offs, willing to be proven wrong, and quick to walk through fire to support your fellow teammates.
- Continuous learning. You believe in constantly acquiring new skills and knowledge. You are a creative thinker, not bound by "the way things have always been done". What you know is less important than how well you learn and innovate. We don't need engineers who know all the answers; we need engineers who can invent the answers no one has thought of yet, to the questions yet to be asked.
- Writes clean, well-documented code. Code alongside your teammates every day, reading their code, design docs and collaborating on software architectures.
- Write automated tests to validate the correctness of your code.
- Assists team lead with designing new architecture and establishing best practices across the engineering group.
- Present, communicate and advocate engineering perspectives as appropriate and needed.
- Works closely with a team of software engineers to design, develop and support APIs.
- Implements coding standards through design, architectural, and peer reviews, test-driven development, and automated workflows via CI/CD processes.
- Be a part of your team's on-call rotation; we all own our code from development to deployment to long-term operations.
- Experience in crypto! Either building or at least owning some.
- Experience with UI Frameworks such as React/React Native and Redux state management library.
- Experience in affiliate marketing integrations. That's our bread and butter.
- Bachelor or master's degree in Computer Science or a related engineering degree.
- Experience with mission critical 24x7 operations for consumer-facing applications/software systems.
- Experience with various project management practices; Agile Scrum, Kanban, Spiral Development or TDD.
- Experience with the delivery of software libraries for public consumption.
Salary commensurate with experience and includes early-stage company equity.
- Competitive salary
- Token bonus every 6 months
- High impact, small team vibe
- Mission driven - The sooner we switch the world over to crypto, the better off we'll all be!