IT at Ripple goes beyond just keeping the lights on - we enable and empower Ripplers around the world to work as productively as possible. A...
IT at Ripple goes beyond just keeping the lights on - we enable and empower Ripplers around the world to work as productively as possible. As our Senior Network Engineer specializing in infrastructure, you will take ownership of our corporate infrastructure portfolio, from the in-office computer networks to our cloud VPN and virtualization systems. You will partner with Engineering, Information Security, and the rest of the IT team to keep Ripple's IT infrastructure always accessible and secure globally.
What You'll Do
What We're Looking For
- Own, manage, and monitor Ripple's corporate IT infrastructure, including physical and cloud data networks, VPN, AWS, virtualization, LDAP, etc.
- Act as subject matter expert on all things IT infrastructure
- Help build, scale and maintain monitoring and alerting tools
- Partner with the Information Security team to ensure IT infrastructure supports and complies with security policies and best practices, including proactive and timely application of security updates
- Optimize existing infrastructure to maximum efficiency and minimize downtime
- Train IT support team members on proper infrastructure troubleshooting and escalation procedures
- Participate in a 24/7 on-call schedule
Nice To Have
- 5+ years of corporate IT network and infrastructure engineering experience
- Strong knowledge in all aspects of computer networks
- Strong knowledge of Palo Alto Networks (PAN) routers and firewalls
- Experience with PAN GlobalProtect VPN and Prisma
- Experience designing and optimizing corporate wi-fi networks
- Experience with virtualization and containerization - AWS, Docker, VirtualBox, etc.
- Experience with LDAP, keystores, security certificates, user and password management
- Proven ability to successfully and efficiently monitor systems with tools like SumoLogic
- Proven scripting skills - Perl, Ruby, Python, etc.
Experience working the following:
What We Offer
- Juniper switches
Who We Are
- The chance to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% paid medical and dental and 95% paid vision insurance for employees starting on your first day
- 401k (with match), fully paid parental leave, commuter benefits
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite programs
- Flexible vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Employee giving match
- Modern office in San Francisco's Financial District
- Fully-stocked kitchen with organic snacks, beverages, and coffee drinks
- Weekly company meeting - ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- Team outings to sports games, happy hours, game nights and more!
Ripple is doing for value what the internet did for information: enabling its instant and seamless flow around the world. We call this the Internet of Value (IoV). Using blockchain and cryptocurrency technology, Ripple is dedicated to creating powerful gains in financial efficiency, equity and inclusion. In addition, Ripple is developing and enabling the future use cases that will catalyze the new digital economy for governments, businesses and consumers.
Ripple has offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore, São Paulo, Reykjavík, Washington D.C. and Dubai.Ripple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We're committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We do not discriminate against qualified employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by local law or ordinance.
Please find our UK/EU applicant privacy notice here.