IBM's Industry Consultants are essential to our clients as they work to reinvent themselves for the future. Join our highly vi...
IBM's Industry Consultants are essential to our clients as they work to reinvent themselves for the future. Join our highly visible and highly skilled team of global consultants as we strive to accelerate sales, deliver client engagements, and build IBM's market eminence. If you are a forward-thinker and a curious intellectual, we welcome you to apply for your next exciting career challenge!
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM's Consumer Industry Center of Competence (CoC) is a global team of consultants with deep industry expertise who accelerate sales, deliver client engagements, and build IBM's eminence in the Retail and Consumer Products industries.
CoC consultants work face-to-face with clients to address their business, operations, and technology challenges as they reinvent to become Cognitive Enterprises.
We are seeking visionary Consumer Products and Retail industry professionals with a high degree of passion, intellectual curiosity, and deep expertise in one or more of the following functional areas:
* Digital / Omnichannel Business
* Integrated Business Planning (IBP)
* Advanced Manufacturing / Industry 4.0
* Product Innovation
* Retail Planning / Merchandising
* Supply Chain and Logistics
* Enterprise Data and Analytics
The ideal candidate will also have recent hands-on experience in technology-enabled transformation projects in one or more of the above areas, e.g.:
* Customer Transformation, enabled by Salesforce, Adobe, or IBM Sterling
* Enterprise Transformation, enabled by SAP S/4 HANA, Microsoft, or Workday
* Supply Chain Transformation, enabled by Blue Yonder, O9, or SAP
* Digital Transformation, enabled by design thinking, garage / scrum teams, and agile development
as well as experience in one or more of AI, Intelligent Automation, Blockchain, AR/VR, and/or Mobile.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Business Development: Identifying, qualifying. solutioning, and/or closing transformational projects. Roles can range from initial client meetings to developing proposals, and/or preparing contracts or Statements of Work (SOWs).
Project Delivery: Performing a leadership role on client projects, including leading individual workstreams, creating and/or reviewing project deliverables; conducting worksessions with client senior executives; and identifying follow-on engagements.
Client Visioning: Planning, scoping, and conducting client workshops to discuss their business / operational issues, share IBM Points of View (PoVs) and solutions, and identify specific opportunities to be pursued.
Relationship Management: Developing and managing internal IBM and external / industry senior executive relationships; demonstrating an executive presence with the ability to establish credibility from the first meeting.
Thought Leadership: Developing intellectual capital (ICAP) in the course of projects and translating that back to a broader set of industry / client opportunities; establishing personal eminence, internally within IBM and externally in the industry.
IBM is actively seeking candidates in the New York City, Chicago, Dallas, and/or San Francisco areas. IBM will additionally consider candidates in other cities, provided they have easy access to domestic and international airports.
This position will require frequent remote work, as well as significant domestic and international travel once permitted.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
* At least 10 years of experience working for a leading retail or consumer products company in one or more of the above-listed functional areas
* At least 3 years of consulting experience, preferably at a large consulting firm, with hands-on experience selling and delivering enterprise-scale business, operations, and/or technology transformation projects
* A passion to "go deep" on one or more of IBM's strategic focus areas, e.g. AI, Hybrid Cloud, Blockchain, IoT, and/or Edge / 5G
* A strong desire to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
* Proven leadership experience working with multi-location, multicultural, and multinational teams.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and advanced capabilities in business productivity applications
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
* Sufficient technical proficiency to be able to engage senior-level IT executives across a wide range of industry-relevant IBM solutions
* A desire to learn new technical skills and capabilities.