Clarendon Center (12089), United States of America, Arlington, Virginia Senior Manager, Product Manager Product Management Product Manage...
Clarendon Center (12089), United States of America, Arlington, Virginia
Senior Manager, Product Manager
Product Management at Capital One is a booming, vibrant craft that requires reimagining the status quo, finding value creation opportunities, and driving innovative and sustainable customer experiences through technology.
We believe our portfolio of businesses and investments in growth and transformation will result in a company with the scale, brand, capabilities, talent, and values to succeed as the digital revolution transforms our society and our industry.
Do you dream of more elegant and intuitive products and customer experiences? Do you want to be the one who introduces change to help tens of millions of customers make smarter financial choices? Do you want to change the way people manage their money? You have to ask yourself...do you feel like making an impact?
In this role, you'll be expected to demonstrate proficiency in four key areas:
* Human Centered
* You'll lead sourcing and synthesis of customer discovery efforts to understand customer needs to drive the long term vision for your product
* You'll turn these customer insights into actionable strategies that will define the priorities for your team and rally your stakeholders to your vision
* Business Focused
* You'll own and prioritize the long-term (12-18 months) product roadmap to deliver on business outcomes, working closely with a cross-functional team to ensure that all the right resources are aligned to ensure that and your team will be successful
* You'll define KPIs for your product and will be responsible for measuring and tracking to those measures, with an eye to adjusting and refining your roadmap as the data dictates
* Technology Driven
* You'll have an end-to-end understanding of your product and how it fits into the larger ecosystem to be able to anticipate impacts from changes in other parts of the business
* You'll work closely with tech leadership and architecture to understand the tradeoffs of technical decisions and how they impact the ultimately customer experience your team will deliver always looking to ensure you're using the best tool for the job
* Transformational Leadership
* You'll rally your teams and senior stakeholders to your product vision and proactively leverage relationships throughout the ecosystem to align to your vision and influence prioritization across partner teams
* You'll be responsible for attracting and retaining top talent to your team and mentoring and developing associates on their product career
As a Senior Manager, Product Management within the Capital One Lab you will:
Work with product leaders to look up to 3 years into the future to discover high-impact business opportunities and shape new products across all areas of finance. The Lab is focused on researching emerging technologies in areas such as payments, identity, fraud, cryptocurrency and many more to anticipate the needs of our users. We use human-centered design techniques, and always keep the user at the heart of our work. You'll work with a cross-functional team to understand user needs, determine product solutions, deliver against roadmaps, and place next-generation financial products in-market. These products will be in partnership with Capital One's existing businesses in Digital, Card, Bank, Financial Services, and Commercial Banking. In addition to your contributions on the overall product agenda for The Lab, you'll also play a key role in shaping our culture and our people. You'll provide mentorship to your teammates and be an ambassador for The Capital One Lab.
* People management including leading cross-functional teams
* Participate in product explorations across all areas of the business
* Lead roadmapping, goal setting, story writing, product execution, testing, and product roll-out strategy
* Build product learning agendas and OKRs to measure success/failure
* Test and iterate in small-scale pilots to validate concepts, refine them to achieve product-market fit, and then scale to drive vertical and horizontal economics
* Contribute to a fast-moving, results-driven culture that also prioritizes continuous learning
* Build internal and external relationships across Capital One and the start-up community
We want you if you are:
* Intellectually Curious. You ask why, you explore, you're not afraid to blurt out your crazy idea or follow an email chain for weeks to find someone with an answer. Comfortable with ambiguity, a hunger to learn and a seeker of new challenges.
* Communicator & Influencer.You can communicate complex ideas clearly regardless of your audience. Our team knows their priorities and why they're doing what they're doing. You always can rally associates to work with you.
* Do-er.You're biased toward action, you try things and sometimes you fail. You can get around roadblocks and stay focused on your goals. You're well organized, able to multitask and able to prioritize your work.
* Passionate & Customer Focus. You care about growing others and bringing them together around what's possible. You get a thrill from the journey of building and shipping products, and you have a desire and ability to connect with our external or internal customers to fully understand their needs.
* Learner.You have an appetite to learn new things or new technologies all while exhibiting humbleness when the time comes to ask for help.
* Team Player.You enjoy working with diverse people and driving the team toward a common goal. You have the ability to put the team before yourself and establish long-lasting relationships.
* Bachelor's Degree or military experience
* At least 5 years of experience in digital product management
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
* MBA or Master's degree
* 3+ years of experience in Agile product management
* Experience translating business strategy and analysis into consumer facing digital products
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.