This newly created role will interact and build relationships with senior management in Northern Trust's Technology functions. The role will...
This newly created role will interact and build relationships with senior management in Northern Trust's Technology functions. The role will also be responsible for drafting the annual audit plan and approach for program coverage as well as overseeing the execution of the cyber audit plan. In addition the role will develop and lead the training and education for Audit Services to improve cyber-auditing acumen and drive comprehensive cyber coverage throughout relevant audit programs. This successful candidate will also be responsible for audits of information security, identity and access management; data protection; security incident response; authentication services; insider threats; vulnerability and threat management; and network perimeter defenses.
Leadership and Management
- Demonstrate excellent communication, leadership, and management to influence a wide range of stakeholders, including core technology, security, and product management, executive management, regulators, and external auditors
- Demonstrate strong initiative, project management and interpersonal skills, sound decision-making, intuitive thinking, political awareness, and sensitivity to cultural diversity
- Provide leadership, guidance and coaching to staff, as well as foster an environment which encourages employee participation, teamwork, and communication.
- Oversee the professional development and performance management processes, including recruiting staff, developing talent, building an effective technical team, and resource optimization and alignment
- Develop and deliver training to targeted business process audit team staff to act as cyber liaisons in their respective teams
- Leverage a strong peer network and tap the industry for knowledge and intelligence to identify leading practices
- Effectively represent and participate in various organizational and governance committees, task forces, etc.
- Leverage financial industry best practices and standards, including FFIEC guidance and the NIST Cybersecurity and Risk Management Frameworks, to develop a comprehensive audit plan over technology and application controls
- Ensure appropriate audit coverage of the current risks, processing environment, and tools relative to cloud and container technologies, and emerging environments including blockchain
- Deliver a risk-based audit plan that validates Northern Trust's control environment or identifies developmental opportunities related to Northern Trust policies, global or local regulations, or industry best practices
- Provide technical input and challenge on planned audit work to drive cyber coverage and awareness across the audit universe
- Leverage data analytics to drive complete coverage of risks and associated testing
- Develop strong continuous monitoring processes to stay informed of changes and identify current or future risks that should be captured in the audit plan
- Develop and deliver high impact reporting of audit results, including trend analyses and thematic reporting for executive management, Audit Committee and global regulators
- Ensure timely delivery of comprehensive internal audit issue validation
- Develop processes to promote cyber related knowledge sharing and embed best practices across Audit Services
- Develop, manage and monitor audit plan budgets and manage expenses for the team
- Synthesize and communicate audit results, deliverables, and project status in clear, succinct, and easy-to-understand terms
- A college or university degree
- Seasoned auditing experience in the financial industry or public accounting is preferred
- Specific subject matter expertise in auditing cyber-related controls and tools across a variety of technologies (cloud, container, blockchain) and platforms against standards and established cyber-related control frameworks
- Knowledge and experience in developing and executing Center of Internet Security (CIS) risk assessments that align to organizational strategies and business objectives
- Demonstrated senior manager-level experience in designing and delivering high quality, high value internal audit programs for large businesses or regulated environments
- Strong written and oral communication, approachable style, and well-developed negotiation and listening skills
- Ability to engage a variety of stakeholders (including senior management, security professionals, and regulators) in an audience-appropriate manner
- Strong business skills and business acumen
- Demonstrated experience in delivering high quality, high value audits that are complete, insightful, timely, concise, and in accordance with IA standards, laws, and local regulations
- Demonstrated experience in executing a formal audit strategy that reflects the organization's risk profile, regulatory/legal requirements, and current threat trends
- Demonstrated experience managing a team of professionals effectively and efficiently
- Effective and independent perspective with a proactive and pragmatic approach in communicating issues to stakeholders
- Ability to adapt and react timely in a changing and dynamic work environment, tight deadlines and variable workloads
*****Please note that this role may require the successful candidate to travel to other NT locations as required.
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the "Apply" button below.