Ripple's mission is to enable payments every way, everywhere for everyone. We believe connecting traditional financial entities like banks, ...
Ripple's mission is to enable payments every way, everywhere for everyone. We believe connecting traditional financial entities like banks, payment providers and corporations with emerging blockchain technologies and users is the path to an open, decentralized, and more inclusive financial future. This Internet of Value gives any internet-enabled person, application or device access to financial services that are transparent, fast, reliable, and cheap. Delivering this vision is a challenge of massive scale spanning $155 trillion in annual cross border fiat payments and the $1.5 trillion market of digital assets that has grown 10X in the last year.
We are looking for a manager to join a growing team charged with determining and delivering optimal liquidity for every customer in the world in a cost-effective, robust and scalable manner. You will mentor, lead and grow the team of applied scientists responsible for the research and development of the models and solutions that will power the world's liquidity needs. Ideal candidates will have a track record of leadership and technical excellence in designing and delivering reliable solutions as part of a team. You must be passionate about inventing and delivering customer-focused solutions to ambitious and ambiguous challenges.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
* Manage and mentor a team of applied scientists researching and coding models for inventing forecasting, planning, routing, risk management, and experimentation to scalably and reliable deliver best-in-class liquidity to our customers.
* Be an entrepreneurial leader, managing the roadmap, requirements and deliverables, while partnering closely with machine learning and software engineering teams. Initially, you will spend up to a quarter of your time as a contributor as we grow out your team.
* Lead the vision for creating models to improve and automate frontend and backend services to constantly improve our customers experience
* Mentor and guide the professional and technical development of your team members. Help develop their careers and assign them to projects tailored to their skill levels, personalities, work styles, and professional goals
* Instill a spirit of continuous improvement in the team's inventions and processes so we can rapidly deliver innovations for customers
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
* Degree in computer science or other quantitative field; masters or PhD preferred
* 10+ years applied science experience, 5+ years in lead/manager role preferred
* Broad machine learning experience including statistical modeling, time series analysis/forecasting and experimentation, bonus if in finance and trading domains, especially FX
* Experience with Python or Java, and machine learning frameworks like scikit-learn, TensorFlow, or PyTorch
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, demonstrated through experience working with technical and non-technical teams
* Track record of recruiting and mentoring a team of world-class scientists
WHAT WE OFFER:
* The chance to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
* A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
* Competitive salary and equity
* 100% paid medical and dental and 95% paid vision insurance for employees starting on your first day
* 401k (with match), commuter benefits
* Industry-leading parental leave policies
* Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite programs
* Flexible vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
* Employee giving match
* Modern office in San Francisco's Financial District
* Fully-stocked kitchen with organic snacks, beverages, and coffee drinks
* Weekly company meeting - ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
* Team outings to sports games, happy hours, game nights and more!
WHO WE ARE:
Ripple enables payments everywhere, every way, for everyone using the power of blockchain and crypto. By joining Ripple's growing, global network (RippleNet), financial institutions can process their customers' payments anywhere in the world instantly, reliably and cost-effectively. Banks and payment providers can use the digital asset XRP to further reduce their costs and access new markets. With offices in San Francisco, Washington D.C., New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore, São Paulo, Reykjavik and Dubai, Ripple has hundreds of customers around the world.
Ripple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We're committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We do not discriminate against qualified employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by local law or ordinance.
Please find our UK/EU applicant privacy notice here.