As a Senior Programmer Analyst, you will collaborate with other developers, product managers, and QA to build a system for ...
As a Senior Programmer Analyst, you will collaborate with other developers, product managers, and QA to build a system for managing private equity investments. You will be part of a team responsible for implementing the full private equity investment lifecycle, using modern technologies including cloud infrastructure and blockchain, and supporting clients with a global scope. This will involve a mix of supporting existing logic and clients in production, while having many -greenfield- chances to create and implement new functionality in the system. We are looking for well-rounded developers who work well in a development team using iterative development methodologies to create robust, high-quality production systems.
- As part of the Development team, produce designs and estimates to deliver on functional requirements, while also owning the non-functional requirements that traditional Product Management teams typically struggle to define well (scalability requirements, HA/resiliency requirements, etc.)
- Develop, test, debug and implement code for existing and new functionality
- Perform full stack development using Java and SQL
- Review business and functional requirements provided by the Product Management team
- Craft technical design documentation and contribute to technical design discussions that will result in new business or technical enhancements
- Contribute roadmap and continually review existing architecture for improvements
- Work in an Agile software development process, contributing to story and task creation
- Work with QA to ensure high quality releases are delivered
- Rapidly address issues and fix defects discovered during client implementations when needed
- Work with our Information Security and other Governance teams to ensure we-re putting out a high quality, resilient, secure product that aligns with Broadridge development policies and controls.
- 6+ years of experience with Java based applications, including web application front end technologies.
- Proven ability to have relevant conversations with Product Management to understand the feature roadmap and produce designs that meet those requirements.
- Strong technical background; capable of understanding possible technical designs to the functional requirements, and recommending an approach that delivers high quality solutions, on time and within budget.
- BS (or higher) degree in Computer Science, related degree, or comparable experience
- Previous AWS experience crafting, developing, deploying, and supporting production cloud applications.
- Deep understanding of blockchain technology (ideally Hyperledger)
- Experience delivering and supporting applications that include modern web services (e.g. REST, Swagger, etc.)
- Experience working with Azure
- Prior production experience with Blockchain
- Financial domain knowledge
- Private Equity domain experience
- Strong interpersonal/communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Consistent record for developing, releasing, and supporting multiple high quality products
- Professional experience developing performant, scalable, complex systems
- Consistent record of delivering projects on time and within budget, with a demonstrated focus on client satisfaction
- Positive working attitude
- Attention to detail
- provided by Dice