Who we are
Bitpanda is on a mission to reinvent the world of finance and bring investing closer to everyone, everywhere. Today's financial ...
Who we are
Bitpanda is on a mission to reinvent the world of finance and bring investing closer to everyone, everywhere. Today's financial ecosystem is complex, exclusive and expensive, and we're here to change this as the #1 investment platform in Europe and beyond.
Our platform is rooted in the belief that investing should be safe, easy and accessible to all. With Bitpanda, everyone has the freedom and flexibility to invest in what they believe in - commission-free stocks, cryptocurrencies or even precious metals - starting from as little as €1.
Our story started in 2014 with our founders, Eric Demuth, Paul Klanschek and Christian Trummer. Since then, we've grown to a powerful and diverse team of 500+ people who represent more than 40 nationalities. Headquartered in Vienna, we're proud to be Austria's first unicorn and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in Europe. Our innovative technology serves over 2.7 million users and operates across multiple hub locations.
Our products are built by fast-moving, talented, "roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen" kind of people. If you're someone who thinks big, moves fast and wants to make an impact right from day one, then get ready to join our industry-changing team. Let's go!
As a Java developer at Bitpanda, you will develop features and contribute to the backend of Bitpanda Pro. This is our exchange product. You will ensure timely and efficient delivery of high-quality code, enhancing its performance and design, and develop creative, compelling and cutting-edge systems that support our operations, acting with strong product affiliation and a strong sense of ownership.
About the team:
Bitpanda Pro is our advanced trading platform for experienced traders and additionally allows programmatic access to a digital cryptocurrency exchange via API. The teams take care of providing the best exchange trading experience to our customers and delivering new innovative features while also making sure to adhere to our quality standards.
What you'll do:
* Design and develop scalable, resilient, message-driven services using Java
* Break down User Stories and tasks into digestible, technical work packages for different services
* Write clean and correct code with high test coverage and extensive end-to-end testing
* Keep debug-outputs tidy, write comments during development and ensure technical documentation
* Troubleshoot to promptly eliminate bugs and issues to ensure zero downtime and negative business impact
What we're looking for:
* Strong knowledge and experience of software development, test-driven and solution-oriented methodologies
* Excellent knowledge of Java 8+
* Strong knowledge of relational databases
* Strong knowledge of message-oriented middleware and reactive programming
* Familiarity with Kafka, AWS: RDS, DynamoDB, ECS, and EC2
* Any knowledge of Vert.x framework
What's in it for you
* Top-notch hardware "tech pack". The best part? You can choose between PC or Mac. And yes, noise-cancelling headphones are included!
* Exclusive premiums when trading on Bitpanda
* Occasional company-wide and team events - both in-person and virtually!
* A brand new, optimised-for-hybrid-working, HQ located in Vienna's fintech hub (in the second district), as well as local office location hotspots in Berlin, London, Madrid, Barcelona and Milan (to name just a few!)
* Bitpanda sustainable merch to keep you swagged out and living the Bitpanda brand
* A global Bitpanda team of fa
st-moving, talented, diverse people who are united (across cultures and timezones) by our unique way of working
And, above all, the opportunity to build, learn and make a meaningful impact as part of Bitpanda's incredible journey as Europe's #1 investment platform.