The Senior Java Developer - Big Data, participates in a team environment for the delivery and maintenance of data solutions. Sp...
The Senior Java Developer - Big Data, participates in a team environment for the delivery and maintenance of data solutions. Specifically, you will develop and support high-performance stream-processing systems, using frameworks such as Kafka. As well as batch jobs using Pig, Hive, Oozie, Spark, Scala, Java and Sql. The position also requires the ability to write Java integrations between streaming/batch applications and big data platforms such as Hadoop/HDFS.
- This role is responsible for programming, debugging and testing of applications in a development environment.
- This Software Developer is generally responsible for database design and system testing.
- A total of 3 or more years programming experience in a multi-platform environment, including, but not limited to application development or database development.
- Technically proficient in core technologies and methodologies used by the team.
- Able to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technologies and methodologies and apply them to technological and/or business needs of limited scope.
- Retail industry experience highly desired
- Experience writing applications in Java and corresponding unit tests
- Experience with Maven and Subversion.
- Experience with at least one of the following: Linux, Oracle, Teradata, Hadoop (Pig, MapReduce, Hive, Sqoop, HBase), and/or 'R'.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Business Administration, Engineering or a related field. Appropriate additional experience beyond the minimum required experience may be substituted for education.
Who We Are
Just a few minutes from Salt Lake City and Utah's ski slopes, Overstock is an original resident of " Silicon Slopes ", one of the fastest growing technology hubs in the country. We're a passionate group of collaborative problem solvers and creative innovators, working on cutting-edge technology. From building award-winning retail applications (with amazing AR functionality ) to creating leading blockchain and machine learning technologies, each of us embodies a unique value and contributes a diverse perspective to the team.
What We Offer
- 401k (6% match)
- Flexible Schedules
- Onsite Health Clinic
- Tuition Reimbursement, Leadership Development Program, & Mentorship Program
- Onsite Fitness Center with group fitness classes and trainers
- Onsite Cafe with additional Coffee Shop and Juice Bar
- Onsite Greenhouse, providing fresh fruits & vegetables for our cafe
- Overstock Women's Network (OWN)
- And More…
Benefits vary based on position, tenure, location, and employee election
This position requires you to sit, stand and perform general office functions. You may also be required to lift up to 25 pounds occasionally. Bending, stooping and reaching are also frequently required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and associates. This policy includes our commitment to ensure that all employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, pregnancy, veteran status (including Vietnam era veterans), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other non-job-related characteristic protected by law.
Back to Overstock Careers